Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving Sky TV

SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going
to the right & vice versa.

TV cables will need extending, no problem, I can buy a Sky twin cable
extension kit.

But we have what looks like a conventional aerial cable plugged into the
TV. Since we only watch the terrestrial channels via Sky - do I need
this connected as well?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going
to the right & vice versa.

TV cables will need extending, no problem, I can buy a Sky twin cable
extension kit.

But we have what looks like a conventional aerial cable plugged into
the TV. Since we only watch the terrestrial channels via Sky - do I
need this connected as well?

I would connect it as insurance against the Sky box failing for any
reason.

You won't be popular with SWMBO if she misses her favourite program
because you saved a couple of bob on a 3rd coax.

--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going
to the right & vice versa.

And next week she will want it rearraged front to back:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going to
the right & vice versa.

TV cables will need extending, no problem, I can buy a Sky twin cable
extension kit.

But we have what looks like a conventional aerial cable plugged into the
TV. Since we only watch the terrestrial channels via Sky - do I need this
connected as well?

Short answer, no, you don't *need* it. Unless you watch Freeview on the
telly. Or your Sky box/dish go wobbly every now and then, or you're using
all the Sky tuners to record stuff and you want to watch another channel,
etc etc.

I always found it handy to keep it connected, but it's not essential. Some
TVs receive firmware updates through them, but they're not very frequent and
you could probably download it and use a USB stick instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
SWMBO wants to re arrange the lounge. Everything on the left is going
to the right & vice versa.

Wouldn't buying her a pair of reversing goggles be easier?

http://www.grand-illusions.com/acata...g_Goggles.html

Don't forget the phone cable for the Skybox to phone home.

Owain