DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/362878-paint-code-honda-civic-alloys.html)

[email protected] October 11th 13 01:18 PM

Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys

Hi
I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres.
One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.
I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.
I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour.
The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.
I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivor

Baz October 11th 13 01:29 PM

wrote in message
Hi
I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter
tyres.
One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.
I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.
I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey
metallic colour.
The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.
I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivor

Take one in to B&Q and get it colour matched.

Baz

John Williamson October 11th 13 01:31 PM

wrote:
Hi
I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres.
One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.
I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.
I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour.
The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.
I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure they're not anodised?

Alternatively, take one of the wheels to your nearest auto paint
supplier and ask them to match it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Ivor Mac October 11th 13 02:00 PM

Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys

Hi

I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres.

One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.

I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.

I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour.

The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.

I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ivor

Thanks Baz and John for the prompt replies.
I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the complete wheel, so B&Q or Halfords for that matter, would be the best places to go.
John, I don't think that the alloys are anodised.
Regards
Ivor

D.M.Chapman[_2_] October 11th 13 02:15 PM

Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys

In article ,
Ivor Mac wrote:

I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the
complete wheel, so B&Q or Halfords for that matter, would be the best
places to go.

In that case, take one into a honda dealer (given they are original
honda wheels) and ask for a touch up pen in that colour. Chances are
there will only be a short list of options for wheel colour.

Paint will be expensive, but for a touch up pen it's likely to be under
a tenner I'd have thought.

Darren

Adrian October 11th 13 03:33 PM

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:00:03 -0700, Ivor Mac wrote:

I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the
complete wheel

For the sake of the amount of paint required to do the entire wheel, it
seems a bit daft not to.

B'sides, they're for winter rims, so will presumably spend three quarters
of the time filthy anyway.

Just grab a rattlecan of something approximating right, and blast away.
Or don't bother at all.