Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint Code for Honda Civic Alloys

Hi
I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres.
One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.
I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.
I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour.
The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.
I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivor
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

wrote in message
Hi
I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter
tyres.
One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.
I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.
I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey
metallic colour.
The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.
I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivor

Take one in to B&Q and get it colour matched.

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

I have just purchased 4 alloy wheels which I intend to use with winter tyres.

One of the rims requires some paint touch-up due to slight kerb damage.

I am unable to obtain the correct paint code for the alloy rim.

I believe the rims to be from a 2009 Honda Civic Si and are of a dark grey metallic colour.

The rims on my Honda Civic are the normal bright silver.

I have checked the various Civic forums to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ivor

Thanks Baz and John for the prompt replies.
I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the complete wheel, so B&Q or Halfords for that matter, would be the best places to go.
John, I don't think that the alloys are anodised.
Regards
Ivor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ivor Mac wrote:

I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the
complete wheel, so B&Q or Halfords for that matter, would be the best
places to go.

In that case, take one into a honda dealer (given they are original
honda wheels) and ask for a touch up pen in that colour. Chances are
there will only be a short list of options for wheel colour.

Paint will be expensive, but for a touch up pen it's likely to be under
a tenner I'd have thought.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 06:00:03 -0700, Ivor Mac wrote:

I only need a very small amount of paint, as I'm not spraying the
complete wheel

For the sake of the amount of paint required to do the entire wheel, it
seems a bit daft not to.

B'sides, they're for winter rims, so will presumably spend three quarters
of the time filthy anyway.

Just grab a rattlecan of something approximating right, and blast away.
Or don't bother at all.