Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heated Bathroom floor = cracked tiles ?

Some years ago we bought a new turnkey bathroom from a bathroom shop
-(Think muppet show on skis) including an electrically heated bathroom
floor. Within a few months the tiles (proper thick floor tiles) had
cracked in a line right across the width of the bathroom. We called the
fitter back and he changed the cracked tiles but because of all the
grief we more/less stopped using the underfloor heating.

Spool forward 5 or 6 years to the present and we now have a serious
problem with damp and black mould (see my posts passim about Pongos in
the bathroom) and would like to try the heated floor again but daren't
risk cracking the tiles, for one thing we no longer have the cache of
replacement tiles we had last time.

Anybody know if there is any such thing as tiles rated for underfloor
heating ?

DerekG