Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Improve design of portable bidet, how?

I bought one of these in July while suffering from extended bouts of
the trots with Norovirus:
http://www.stressnomore.co.uk/person...FWfMtAodPzEAXA
Or: http://tinyurl.com/neb2ld4

It is actually a brilliant little device for when your botty is red
raw from frequent visits to the loo.

But its design truly SUCKS. The problem is the water bottle and its
screw thread attachment to the spray tube. Almost every time one uses
it, the bottle becomes canted away from the tube connection and starts
leaking, pouring water on to the bathroom floor.

The bottle is made of cheapo plastic of some kind, and deforms far too
easily when squeezed.

So what I'm looking for is a replacement bottle that will fit the tube
connection, or some way of strengthening the bottle neck, for example
by heating it then freezing it repeatedly just in the region of the
threaded part in order to harden the plastic. (Or could this hardening
be achieved with a mix of household checmicals?)

Any ideas? Don't say "install a bidet" ! There's NO space available.

It seems such a shame that a good and cheap idea should be let down by
such poor design and shoddy workmanship, It is, of course, made in
China.

Last question: Would the screw thread be a standard thread used for
other products? The bottle neck is approx 36.89mm dia, not including
the thread, or approx 39.57 WITH the thread. The thread pitch is
approx 2.20mm

For possible reinforcement of the bottle neck, where the deformation
occurs and the leakage ensues, I thought of a short strong spiral
spring that could be 'popped' inside the neck, which would expand and
thus reduce the likelihood of deformation. Haven't tried any of the
ideas yet, though. And I wouldn't know where to find such a spring
anyway.

Or maybe a metal ring (brass or copper -- e.g. plumbing accessories?)
that could be forced inside the neck. The ring could be hacksawn
through on one side, then opened up a bit to make it 'springy'.

The only requirements are that the bottle holds water, can be squeezed
to send water to the spray end, and is 99% leakproof at the
bottle/tube connection when in use.

Further ideas welcome, even a DIY design for reconstructing the whole
thing out of 15mm copper tube and a small watering can rose.

MM

WC or bidet? Local hero UK diy 6 September 10th 13 06:30 PM
website design templates , linux website design software ,netobjectsfusion 10 , webseite erstellen , bestellen preisvergleich , designsoftware website , nof support , design website , website design software forlinux , nof 10.0 , hans gertis Woodworking 0 January 29th 10 11:39 PM
Suggestions to improve my swing set frame design theedudenator Woodworking 17 May 29th 09 08:07 AM
Bidet installation dean Home Repair 22 February 16th 06 01:22 PM
Plumbing a bidet Peter Taylor UK diy 22 March 17th 04 09:38 AM