Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OOH I WANT one!

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jim
K scribeth thus
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...n_decommission

ing-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

Jim K

Woss it cost to run/???
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/13 12:54, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Jim
K scribeth thus
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...n_decommission

ing-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

Jim K

Woss it cost to run/???

Peanuts probably. The wood cutting lasers are 1-200W usually.
I'd guess around a KW or two - maybe 3KW for that

Just the thing for decommisioning wind turbines...

Ah

"An industrial fibre laser was chosen for several reasons; it had to be
suitable for both roles, it needed to be robust and compact, and
appropriate in remote applications using optical fibre delivery of the
laser beam power. The laser chosen has an output power of 5kW, adequate
to demonstrate both processes, but the same type of laser is
commercially available in powers up to 30kW."

http://www.twi.co.uk/news-events/cas...issioning-479/

Another great British company doing pioneering work.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
[...]

What happens if the optical fibre kinks or breaks lol

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Jim
K scribeth thus
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...n_decommission

ing-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

Jim K

Woss it cost to run/???

Wots on the other end of the lead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2013 12:20, Jim K wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

What are the advantages over a conventional plasma cutter I wonder? More
flexible working distance perhaps.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2013 11:20, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/10/2013 12:20, Jim K wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

What are the advantages over a conventional plasma cutter I wonder? More
flexible working distance perhaps.

If it is a laser cutter rather than a laser heated plasma cutter (where
they feed oxygen or similar to the head) then it won't blast dust about
and there is less exhaust to filter before releasing it to the environment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2013 12:20, Jim K wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

What are the advantages over a conventional plasma cutter I wonder? More
flexible working distance perhaps.

If it is a laser cutter rather than a laser heated plasma cutter (where
they feed oxygen or similar to the head) then it won't blast dust about
and there is less exhaust to filter before releasing it to the environment.

The video suggested that it uses compressed air to clear the kerf -
which sounds pretty similar to a plasma cutter to me.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2013 12:20, Jim K wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

What are the advantages over a conventional plasma cutter I wonder? More
flexible working distance perhaps.

If it is a laser cutter rather than a laser heated plasma cutter (where
they feed oxygen or similar to the head) then it won't blast dust about
and there is less exhaust to filter before releasing it to the environment.

The sparks seem to be flying away at a fair rate of knots though so I think
there must be something flowing from the head.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/13 11:20, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/10/2013 12:20, Jim K wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 9:30:00 AM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

make that 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YCACZQ72Q

What are the advantages over a conventional plasma cutter I wonder? More
flexible working distance perhaps.

I think its all about not kicking up too much crap when you do it.
And its very local and very controllable - surgical almost.

So long as te dracnian legislation is in placem you can't simply blow up
and bulldoze a nuclear power station. You have to take it to pieces.
This is a fast and precise way of doiung that. with minmal side effects.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

You only have to think for a minute to realise the article is total BS.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/13 07:21, harryagain wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

You only have to think for a minute to realise the article is total BS.

you dont even have to think for a minute top realise that harry is
spouting total BS.

TWI is the worlds leading company in terms of welding and cutting R & D.

They wouldnt risk their reputation on BS.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

You only have to think for a minute to realise the article is total BS.

you dont even have to think for a minute top realise that harry is
spouting total BS.

TWI is the worlds leading company in terms of welding and cutting R & D.

They wouldnt risk their reputation on BS.

Obviously, you can't even think for a minute.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message

Never mind an angle grinder..

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR...g-0410134.html

That is 2 potential buyers now!

You only have to think for a minute to realise the article is total BS.

you dont even have to think for a minute top realise that harry is
spouting total BS.

TWI is the worlds leading company in terms of welding and cutting R & D.

They wouldnt risk their reputation on BS.

Obviously, you can't even think for a minute.

I'll bite. Educate me please.