Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dymo

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

--
*When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

I have a Dymo LabelMaster 450 on my desk, and it's surprisingly useful.
So, yes, go for it.

Seems to be cheaper here, though.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dymo...k-post-1659521

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought one from the PO shop at rather less than the CPC price and have
sent off for the cash back. It does more or less the same as the old one
I'm replacing it with - but far more convenient sitting there ready for
use at all times - and takes up hardly any desktop space alongside the
printer.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

I have the old LabelManager 450, quite a chunky beast, drivers for Win7
and Win8 are available, but it does have a habit of PnP working on one
laptop, then failing on the other, then later the first one works again

must admit I've never tried to give the files/registry a proper cleaning
out and re-install.

Also takes the D1 tapes, but up to 24mm, useful for labelling whole
racks where you can pre-print all the labels you'll need rather than
doing them one-by-one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

I have the Dymo Rhino 6000, which comes with Software for Windows, to
let you design labels on The PC and then uplads them to the machine for
printing on site. It also works as a Standalone machine, and lets you
save configurations for repeat printing. Takes D1 labels in 6,9,12,19
and 22mm. Saves me a lot of time and Labels in the long run. You can
even download Templates From Dymo, and upload Graphics for printing.

--
Regards
Camdor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

My local Lidl had some usb labellers for ~£16 a couple of weeks ago,
there may still be some in the shops.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an
offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which
printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the
old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back
according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1
labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

I have one, and it works well. The only initial disappointment
was that, due to the narrowness of the tapes, there is very
limited scope for the more interesting designs and borders that I
gather larger machines can handle. Even with 12 mm you could only
squeeze in two lines by using a tiny font.

I shopped around for tapes, and bought a few colours, and the
flexible tape for cable tagging. I'm not sure if I will ever use
the colours.

Overall, pleased to have bought it.

Chris
--