Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine playing up.

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full of
water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent but
then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 14/09/13 21:50, mark wrote:
The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full
of
water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but
then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

What make/model?

Siemens XLM 1600

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:46:44 +0100, "mark"
wrote:

Siemens XLM 1600

Google offers this:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t195653...nto_spin_cycle

(The Siemens site doesn't recognise your model number.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday 14 September 2013 21:50 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full
of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Programmer, water level sensor or drain pump -

Does it sound like the pump is trying to run?

Mechanical or electrinic programmer?

On a more basic note, have you cleaned the filter?

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On Saturday 14 September 2013 21:50 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full
of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Programmer, water level sensor or drain pump -

Does it sound like the pump is trying to run?

Mechanical or electrinic programmer?

On a more basic note, have you cleaned the filter?

Mechanical programmer. Filter seemed clean enough.

I will try and carry out more observations today.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday 15 September 2013 09:48 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On Saturday 14 September 2013 21:50 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just
full of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Programmer, water level sensor or drain pump -

Does it sound like the pump is trying to run?

Mechanical or electrinic programmer?

On a more basic note, have you cleaned the filter?

Mechanical programmer. Filter seemed clean enough.

Then it is possible that a contact has failed (the cam programmers have
dozens of contacts).

I will try and carry out more observations today.

mark

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message
The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full
of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Probably a loose connection associated with the program switch.
Many machines have a feature where the machine stops full of water before
being manually advanced.
This is to prevent the washing drying out full of creases.

Has the programmer advanced when it stops or do you have to advance it
manually?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message
The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full
of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent
but then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

mark

Probably a loose connection associated with the program switch.
Many machines have a feature where the machine stops full of water before
being manually advanced.
This is to prevent the washing drying out full of creases.

Has the programmer advanced when it stops or do you have to advance it
manually?

I thought about the crease prevention thing but I couldn't see anything for
setting that.
The programmer seems to advance ok. There is a vertical sequence of lights,
Ready, wash, rinse, spin, end.
More observations required.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" grunted in
:

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just
full of water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

Our Bosch does that just (a) if the filter/output is clogged or (b) if it
decides it's overloaded.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2013 21:50 mark wrote:

The problem is that it won't complete the cycle and sits there just full of
water before its supposed rinse and spin .
This is an intermittent problem which has been getting more frequent.

If it's the programmer, I'd have thought the problem would be consistent but
then I'm no washing machine expert.

I'm trying to deflect SWMBO's suggestion of a new machine.

Any suggestions as to what to try welcome.

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forums...machine-forum/

oil/grease on washing from the washing machine Dave UK diy 7 January 10th 11 05:15 PM
Washing machine.... kev007 UK diy 7 December 14th 06 09:13 AM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM
Washing machine help please. JhnWil875 Home Repair 1 March 2nd 04 03:50 PM
Washing Machine Tom J Home Repair 1 September 7th 03 07:43 PM