Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default minton tiles

We have a minton tiled hallway - a diamond / triangle / rectangle pattern - and we have extended the hallway with a small lobby area near the new downstairs toilet. This area has a bare screed floor at present. We want the new area to look continous with the hall.
The original tiles will be on an uninsulated concrete slab.
The options are to carpet the hall or have the minton tiles cleaned / renovated and the new section tiled to match. This would mean cutting the screed down to make space for the new tiles.
As you probably know, these tiles do not have grout joins (well perhaps 0.5mm gap in places with "something" in the gap !) and I'm guessing they are fitted by laying direct into screed / concrete and beaten flat with timbers in the old style.
Is cleaning up minton tiles and even fitting some more a DIY job ?
If not, how much would these jobs cost (*not* London prices !)
Simon.

Minton floor GMM UK diy 9 April 17th 09 08:18 AM
Ceramica Global - worldwide wall tiles and floor tiles catalogues Ceramica Global Home Ownership 0 November 29th 06 12:35 PM
new tiles over existing tiles in outdoor water fountain [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 2nd 06 04:44 PM
Minton/Ceramic tile floor repair Rob Summers UK diy 0 February 23rd 06 10:32 AM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM