Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WC pan connector choice

What, in practice, is the difference between this pan connector with fins:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p16142

this one without:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19642

and this one that's twice as expensive?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72849

I have a toilet bowl to fit that seems to have a slightly undersized outlet and I'm wondering which, if any, will give the best connection.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote in message
What, in practice, is the difference between this pan connector with fins:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p16142

this one without:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p19642

It has squashy black rubber fins/sealing ring instead.

and this one that's twice as expensive?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72849

Dunno.
But get the cheap one. Virtually unknown for them to go wrong.
Some people just buy expensive stuff because they think it's better.
The sellers know this.

If there is the same/similar item with three prices, people go for the
middle one.
Well known sales trick

I have a toilet bowl to fit that seems to have a slightly undersized
outlet and I'm wondering which, if any, will give the best connection.

Mostly it's not s problem.
If it is, whang a load of silicon on the spigot before assembly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Is there a third choice? [email protected] Home Repair 45 November 23rd 11 02:35 PM
O/T: Take Your Choice Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 37 September 29th 09 08:52 PM
Saw choice Dave[_36_] Woodworking 21 June 29th 09 07:04 PM
Saw choice Giles Woodturning 11 January 26th 05 10:50 PM
Please Help With Saw Choice James D. Farrow Woodturning 13 October 20th 04 12:15 PM