Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tarmac pothole repair

I'm looking for some pothole repair material for the drive at my golf club. The last stuff we bought was from Ennis Prismo at £21+VAT per 25kg bag, or £10.50 +VAT per bag for 40 bags (i.e. 1 tonne)and worked well.

Just now we only need about 10 bags and I have seen that Wickes have "Instant Lay Macadam" at £6.49 per 25kg bag. Is this the same stuff? Any other ideas for a cheap source would be appreciated.

Cheers
PeteK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:51:26 PM UTC+1, petek wrote:

I'm looking for some pothole repair material for the drive at my golf club. The last stuff we bought was from Ennis Prismo at £21+VAT per 25kg bag, or £10.50 +VAT per bag for 40 bags (i.e. 1 tonne)and worked well.

Just now we only need about 10 bags and I have seen that Wickes have "Instant Lay Macadam" at £6.49 per 25kg bag. Is this the same stuff? Any other ideas for a cheap source would be appreciated.

Cheers
PeteK

If you want 20 tonnes, road scalpings are cheap. But its not cold lay, you've got to heat it to lay & compact.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've only ever seen scalpings laid cold and whacked in.

What do you heat them with?? At what cost? Vs new tarmac from local yard?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jim
K writes
I've only ever seen scalpings laid cold and whacked in.

What do you heat them with?? At what cost? Vs new tarmac from local yard?

Jim K

I'm pretty sure that a muddy 'back lane' near here was surfaced with
rubble then scalpings, sprayed with waste oil to soften it, and rolled.
It seemed to work quite well.
--
Ian

Materials for patch repair to tarmac driveway. Anode[_5_] UK diy 15 October 29th 11 11:07 AM
Tarmac Patch Repair Rob[_10_] UK diy 2 October 11th 08 07:06 PM
OT - When The Going Gets Rough aka As Your Pothole Grows Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 21 April 14th 06 03:35 PM
OT - When The Going Gets Rough aka As Your Pothole Grows Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 20 April 14th 06 03:35 PM
How to repair depression in tarmac driveway keith UK diy 7 October 23rd 05 11:19 PM