Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default VOSA

Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:29:23 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Trailers need approval? Thought they where exempt or are we in a
cross over period where old ones have "grandfather rights" but new
ones need approval?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

I didn't even know they needed it.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:40:11 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

I didn't even know they needed it.

It change within the last year.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Bill

£70 according to
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...oster_2012.pdf

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:29:23 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

You built it several years ago, remember?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:29:23 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Nothing if you plate it as being built before the cutoff date

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Bill

£70 according to
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...oster_2012.pdf

SteveW

Thanks for that; the one sensible answer received.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/08/2013 05:00, Bill Wright wrote:
SteveW wrote:
On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Bill

£70 according to
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...oster_2012.pdf

SteveW

Thanks for that; the one sensible answer received.

For certain values of sensible.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
SteveW wrote:
On 14/08/2013 19:29, Bill Wright wrote:
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small
custom-built trailer?

Bill

£70 according to
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...oster_2012.pdf
SteveW

Thanks for that; the one sensible answer received.

Bill

C'mon bill, surely you realise not everyone knows that trailers now need
approving,

i certainly didn't, and i was planning on building one to carry a LWB
recumbent i was going to buy that is as long as my car, so a bit too much
overhang for a rear rack,

I already have the suspension units, hubs and wheels, hitch, lights,
mudguards and so on from the dog carrying trailer i built to tow behind the
scooter when abroad

--------------------going way OT below--------------------

Everyone loved it except the Spanish cops, trust them to have a law saying
no live animals in a trailer towed by a motorbike, luckily the dumb
foreigner routine paid off and i was allowed to ride back to the motorhome
with it instead of a fine and impoundment of the trailer... my own fault,
someone did warn me before i went, but i didn't believe them.

And Mr nice Spanish cop even commented that it was the best dog trailer he'd
ever seen, I'd used an extra large airline dog crate, mounted to a chassis,
then built a roll cage around it, double rear LED lights and a flag with a
light at the top, window for the dog to look forwards (double locking cage
door at the rear), fan in the roof run from a battery on the trailer,
charged from the scoot as we drove along, and a temp sensor inside with the
display on the scoots handlebars, plus a 5 litre water container and a water
dish mounted on the front,