Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Odd telephone fault

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So
there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have to
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

Geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So
there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have to
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

Ask BT ?

Agreed. As you could dial this before then I see no reason why you
should not ask BT in.

Most odd fault 'tho.

Added to uk.telecom for comment!.... Anyone?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nthkentman" wrote in message

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the
master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So
there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas
why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

Ask BT ?

Curiously, as it is such an off the wall suggestion, I have. They say there
is no problem. But I can get a BT man to come for £160. I can rewire this
myself - I was hoping for some thought as to what has happened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Geoff Pearson
writes
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number
on my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions
- which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under,
does anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Geoff

This sounds impossible.
Are you using the same phone in the extensions as you are using to test
from the master socket?

Just wondering if you are using 2 different phones and that the one used
in the extensions is faulty and not producing the correct dtmf tones for
one of the digits in the number.

--
Bill

Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/13 07:31, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So

If these are on NTE 5's, i.e. the master socket with the removable
front, calling in Openreach will guarantee you a callout charge, as the
fault appears to be on the non-BT side of the interface point. If the
extensions are still hard-wired to a 1980s style master socket, I think
you might still have a fight to avoid a callout charge.

As this was originally on uk.d-i-y, if you have made any DIY
modifications to the extension wiring, whoever owns it, you will also
get charged for a callout.

there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have to
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

Ask BT ?

Agreed. As you could dial this before then I see no reason why you
should not ask BT in.

Most odd fault 'tho.

Added to uk.telecom for comment!.... Anyone?..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on
my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions -
which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does
anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Geoff

I don't remember the details, but when I was at university I hit
something similar. Me and a friend both had our own phone lines in our
rooms, provided by BT (not the university). Whenever he called me or
vice versa (may have been one or the other) it would take my line out of
service. I'd then need to call up BT from another phone and get them to
run a line test on my line to get it working again.

It took me ages, but eventually I managed to get BT to send someone out
to check the cabinet wiring, and they discovered some way in which our
lines had been mis-cabled (presumably together in some way) causing the
problem.

Your issue sounds a bit different (cos it's fine from the master
socket), but there can be faults that affect particular pairs of lines.
Does the number you are calling have any relation to your line - i.e.
in the same property?
Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"David Woolley" wrote in message
On 02/08/13 07:31, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the
master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile.
So

When you say "unable to dial", what is the symptom when you try? Stupid
question, but have you tried dialling *using the same phone* from both the
extensions and master socket?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/13 08:24, Piers wrote:
[...]

I have also had a situation in which I couldn't dial a particular
number. In fact skads of them but others worked. I cant remember what it
turned out to be..

ISTR I reported a voice fault, and it got fixed.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:21:45 +0100, David Woolley
wrote:

On 02/08/13 07:31, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So

If these are on NTE 5's, i.e. the master socket with the removable
front, calling in Openreach will guarantee you a callout charge, as the
fault appears to be on the non-BT side of the interface point.

Don't call Openreach in then! Call BT or whoever provides your
telephone service.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on
my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions -
which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does
anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Can you isolate a particular digit? Something weird causing filtering of
a digit corresponding DTMF tone?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So

Don't call Openreach in then! Call BT or whoever provides your
telephone service.

Don't call *anyone* in, they'll just call openreach and as the fault has
been demonstrated to be in the customer's wiring, you'll likely get charged.

Tried same phone in extensions as used in master?

Tried switching between tone/pulse dialling?

tried longer presses of buttons when dialling?

After lifting receiver, and checking for dial tone, dial a single digit
(e.g. 0) does dial tone stop? Replace receiver, repeat for all other
single digits

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C put finger to keyboard:

On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number
on my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions
- which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under,
does anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Can you isolate a particular digit? Something weird causing filtering of
a digit corresponding DTMF tone?

Could you test this by listening to the phone in the master socket while
someone else presses the buttons on a phone in an extension? i.e. Would
the DTMF beeps be heard through the master phone earpiece?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on
my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions -
which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does
anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Can you isolate a particular digit? Something weird causing filtering of
a digit corresponding DTMF tone?

Yes call someone up on a working number then try pressing each key in
turn and note if it sounds different to the others, in level and tone as
best you can this -might- be the reason why...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 05:04:21 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three.

Do you have dialtone at the extensions, is it a good level, is it
clear, no hum or crackles etc?

I can dial this number on my mobile.

Sort of half shows the number is live but as that call is froma
different network doesn't mean the number is live from BT (though it
should be).

So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions ...

Like Infinity install man disconnected them and didn't reconnect
properly for some reason. Or put the wiring back correctly but your
wiring is a bit "odd". Check for consistancy from master socket to
all extensions. The same colour wire should be on the same numbered
terminal at all sockets, joins etc.

I have no problems with any other number.

From the extensions or just at the master socket?

Check the wiring with a fine toothed comb. Then as others haves said:

Check phone is producing correct DTMF tones (dialtone disappears for
each button press when you can hear dialtone).

Use the same phone for all tests.

Start writing down the results of:

Check for clear dialtone at each extension.
Do the phone/dialtone check at each extension.
Try a number, works or not.
Try the problem number, works or not.

Repeat with another known working and tested phone.

Look at results, try and find a pattern.

As the problem number works from the master socket BT aren't going to
be interested, their network is working. It'll cost dearly you for
them to come out and fix a fault on your side of the NTE.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Off the top of my head I have no idea. However, is the Infinity system using
the broadband to simulate the phone line or is it still a traditional bog
standard phone line?

I have had strange issues with tone dialling over voip connections if the
line is extended on the voip unit, but it usually affects things at random,
not specifically one series of numbers.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the
master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my
mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I
will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone
have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no problems with
any other number.

Geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 07:31:58 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message ...

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So
there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have to
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

Ask BT ?

Agreed. As you could dial this before then I see no reason why you
should not ask BT in.

Most odd fault 'tho.

Added to uk.telecom for comment!.... Anyone?..

Do you have just the one plug-in ADSL filter in the master
socket, with the working phone plugged into it? If so, you
need to equip each extension socket with a similar plug-in
filter since they are there to filter the Broadband signals
off the telephone connections. If these signals get into
some phones, they can cause "strange problems" depending on
their design.

It's best to do this filtering at the master socket using
the type of filter that replaces the lower half faceplate
with one having an inbuilt filter. You can then wire all
your extension phone wiring into the FILTERED (Phone) side,
leaving the UNFILTERED (ADSL) side connecting to your
modem/router ONLY

As others say, don't call BT since if they call out
Openreach. If they find your system is OK up to the
demarcation point in the master socket, it will be
chargeable at ~£120...
--
John W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2013 11:06, Brian Gaff wrote:
Off the top of my head I have no idea. However, is the Infinity system using
the broadband to simulate the phone line or is it still a traditional bog
standard phone line?

I have had strange issues with tone dialling over voip connections if the
line is extended on the voip unit, but it usually affects things at random,
not specifically one series of numbers.

VOIP doesn't send the DTMF tones anywhere while you dial a number. It
collects them up and sends the decoded information to the "server"
setting up the call.

If you then connect to a provider via a gateway that uses DTMF to
operate menus, etc. the tones are sent in IP packets. VoIP is such
variable quality that the actual tones received may not be good enough
for the service to decode them correctly. The tones were designed
assuming there was no compression and many VoIP clients use a lot of
compression.

If you think tones are bad just try using a FAX on VoIP. They had to
invent a whole standard to detect FAXs and handle them differently from
voice calls. Many VoIP clients just don't bother.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/13 13:25, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

I am not sure how much faxing still goes on...

Certainly from its heyday in the 80s and 90s, it must be an almost
totally obsolescent technology.

I haven't used it since about 1995.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
dennis@home scribeth thus
[...]

Look up "Vocoder" related to VoIP Dennis....

And the way it works...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:27:51 +0000 (UTC), Scion wrote:

Could you test this by listening to the phone in the master socket while
someone else presses the buttons on a phone in an extension? i.e. Would
the DTMF beeps be heard through the master phone earpiece?

They would be but I doubt anyone listening would be able to tell a
fault unless it was a gross fault like one of the tones being
completely abscent. I'd expect that to affect more than one digit as
the DTMF pairs are formed from a 4 x 4 matrix so if the 770 Hz tone
was missing it would affect 4, 5, 6 and B.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile. So
there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions - which I will have to
fix under the house. Before I go down under, does anyone have any ideas why
this one number is affected? I have no problems with any other number.

The cause, whatever it may be, is not a wiring fault. Telephone
wiring is simple and robust. There isn't a wiring fault which can, on
a normal telephone service, stop a single number being called when all
others still can.

As others have said - have you tested from all sockets using the same
telephone handset? (preferably the simplest on you have).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number
on my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions
- which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under,
does anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

The cause, whatever it may be, is not a wiring fault. Telephone wiring
is simple and robust. There isn't a wiring fault which can, on a normal
telephone service, stop a single number being called when all others
still can.

As others have said - have you tested from all sockets using the same
telephone handset? (preferably the simplest on you have).

Are you using a number stored in the phone or "dialling" it each time?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:41:44 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on
my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions -
which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does
anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Can you isolate a particular digit? Something weird causing filtering of
a digit corresponding DTMF tone?

Yes call someone up on a working number then try pressing each key in
turn and note if it sounds different to the others, in level and tone as
best you can this -might- be the reason why...

In addition I would suggest that the OP performs this test from an
affected phone:

Lift receiver and dial the single digit "1", hang up.
Repeat using the other digits including *&#.
In each case the dialtone should break (disappear) as soon as the DTMF
tone is sent.

My theory is the Openreach engineer has left your extensions connected
directly to the line instead of wiring them to the filtered side of
the new VDSL faceplate. This will inject noise into the phone, might
not be audible noise, but it might interfere with one or more DTMF
digits.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

"John Weston" wrote in message
[...]

John you either misread or didn't understand the original poster who stated
that they had been 'upgraded' to infinity so they will only have the one
filter on the NTE (or should that be in the NTE) and do not require any
others.

As for possible solutions I wouldn't like to theories about what could be
causing the problem as the only problem I have come across with the SSFP
which are being used for NGA have been when they go HR/Disconnected nothing
to do with the actual signaling/dialing a number.

Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"David Woolley" wrote in message
On 02/08/13 07:31, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the
master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile.
So

When you say "unable to dial", what is the symptom when you try? Stupid
question, but have you tried dialling *using the same phone* from both the
extensions and master socket?

I get the number unobtainable tone then a a female voice says " Sorry, there
is a fault" and disconnects. I have indeed swapped all the phones round - I
have 4 identical BT Decor phones. Dialling the number successfully is
possible only in the phone socket of the NTE5 - which is the new Infinity
one with a built in VDSL socket. When that number calls me the phones
recognise the number and show the caller's name but I cannot return the
call. I thought it was because I do not permit my identity to show but my
phones are set to dial 1470 for stored numbers and I have tried dialling
with 1470. Logically it is something to do with ten wiring that affects all
the extension. BT Fault people say they have done something and it is fixed
now, but it isn't. I will just rewire my extension system - luckily there
is 5 feet below my ground floor for crawling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

[...]

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 02/08/2013 05:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone
in the master socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on
my mobile. So there is a subtle fault which affects the extensions -
which I will have to fix under the house. Before I go down under, does
anyone have any ideas why this one number is affected? I have no
problems with any other number.

Can you isolate a particular digit? Something weird causing filtering of
a digit corresponding DTMF tone?

Yes call someone up on a working number then try pressing each key in
turn and note if it sounds different to the others, in level and tone as
best you can this -might- be the reason why...
--
Tony Sayer

As note above - I have 4 identical phones and when I rotate each one to the
master the problem is gone. Only when connected as extension is there a
problem - and it is the same for all three.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

A number stored, the same number dialled direct, the same number dialled
prefaced by 1470 to release my identity. I call dozens of other numbers -
they all work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:41:44 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
[...]

I can see the extension connection internally connected to the Infinity face
plate - it is my cable so easy to recognise. There are three Kone
connections and the extension link is connected to the top and bottom ones -
leaving the middle one empty. There are only three.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

In article ,
Geoff Pearson wrote:

[Snip]

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

So, you are saying the extensions are plugged into the Infinity outlet?

If that's true, try plugging some other extenson - such as a wind up drum
into the outlet instead.

If not , BT shouldn't have wired it like that.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
NY NY is offline

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Geoff Pearson wrote:

[Snip]

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

So, you are saying the extensions are plugged into the Infinity outlet?

If that's true, try plugging some other extenson - such as a wind up drum
into the outlet instead.

If not , BT shouldn't have wired it like that.

Whose responsibility is it if BT wired the extensions to the faceplate of
NTE and made a wiring mistake? The fault only affects the extensions, not
the NTE, but the error was made by BT.

By rights it should be BT, but I bet they have some sort of exemption
against this - or claim that the customer had later made unauthorised
modifications.

Posted to uk.telecom,uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"David Woolley" wrote in message
On 02/08/13 07:31, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Nthkentman
scribeth thus

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message

Since the man installed BT Infinity I have been unable to dial a
specific
number 01631****** on any extension phone. It works on a phone in the
master
socket but not the other three. I can dial this number on my mobile.
So

When you say "unable to dial", what is the symptom when you try? Stupid
question, but have you tried dialling *using the same phone* from both
the extensions and master socket?

I get the number unobtainable tone then a a female voice says " Sorry,
there is a fault" and disconnects. I have indeed swapped all the phones
round - I have 4 identical BT Decor phones.

Are you able to switch a phone to use pulse dialling and see if it's still
affected?

I wonder what DTMF signals the exchange is actually receiving and why the
fault only affects one specific dialled number - maybe the presence of a
digit (or a pair of digits in sequence) that by chance only occurs in that
number and not in any others that you dial.

Did the fault exist before the sockets were changed for VDSL and Infinity,
or had this already been done before you moved in or first tried to dial the
affected number?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Geoff Pearson wrote:

[Snip]

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

So, you are saying the extensions are plugged into the Infinity outlet?

If that's true, try plugging some other extenson - such as a wind up drum
into the outlet instead.

If not , BT shouldn't have wired it like that.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

No - the Infinity outlet provides a Broadband outlet on the main plate and a
filtered phone socket on a detachable face plate to which the extensions are
hardwired on the back. My self installed wiring of 20 years ago has the
bell wire connected but that no longer matters as there is no DSL signal on
that set of cables. The VDSL signal travels separately on CAT5 to my hub
which is 7 metres away from the master socket. The BT Infinity installer
just transfer my hard wired extension from the old NTE5 to the new Infinity
one - he didn't leave the locality of the main socket.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:53:09 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

Sorry, I missed this essential word :-)

--
John W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:55:48 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:

As note above - I have 4 identical phones and when I rotate each one to the
master the problem is gone. Only when connected as extension is there a
problem - and it is the same for all three.

OK try this one, now I've hopefully read it correctly... :-)
Check if your extension wiring has been reconnected so the
wires previously going to 2 & 5 on your extension sockets
now has one of them going to 3. Check each of the wire pair
connected goes to the same socket connections on the slaves
as in the master - and is a good connection with the punch-
down done on a fresh part of the wire. What colour are the
phone wires in the Master and the Slaves?

I've know a DTMF generator that couldn't cope with long
numbers. It's power supply was fine at the start whilst a
capacitor was charged, but when that charge was "used" it
didn't like it. Could this be happening with the ring
capacitor if your wiring is now incorrect?

--
John W
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

On 02/08/2013 17:58, John Weston wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:53:09 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:

No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

Sorry, I missed this essential word :-)

A radical solution - but cheaper than getting an Openreach call-out charge:
Ditch the internal wiring entirely and buy a DECT system.
They're surprisingly cheap lately.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2013 13:44, tony sayer wrote:

Look up "Vocoder" related to VoIP Dennis....

And the way it works...

I don't need to, why don't you explain to the rest now you have
introduced it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

On 8/2/2013 1:54 PM, George Weston wrote:
On 02/08/2013 17:58, John Weston wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:53:09 +0100, Geoff Pearson wrote:
No - I don't need filters now as the Infinity master separates it all at
source.

Sorry, I missed this essential word :-)

A radical solution - but cheaper than getting an Openreach call-out charge:
Ditch the internal wiring entirely and buy a DECT system.
They're surprisingly cheap lately.

That's what we did.

Using a US telephone in the UK Dave[_2_] UK diy 3 September 26th 07 09:02 PM
Telephone Network Interface Device (NID) Telephone Box ? Robert11 Home Ownership 1 May 3rd 07 10:37 PM
immersion heater fault or economy heater fault bigbadbade UK diy 2 January 25th 07 07:50 PM
Telephone Line Fault? Andy UK diy 11 October 12th 06 06:34 PM
Telephone Fault [email protected] UK diy 10 January 27th 05 10:49 AM