Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oh ****!

Plugged soak so spent the afternoon digging out a fresh one. Found a
20mm blue poly water pipe about 10 seconds after the digger bucket:-(

Oh well, new T coupling plus an inline for the shortened pipe. Luckily
in stock at nearest merchant and remembered to buy 5 nylon inserts.

Wheeling the barrow away after buttoning up the job, noticed an insert
rolling around in the barrow! I know I only bought 5!

So what is the likelihood of a 20mm blue poly joint with no insert
leaking into a soak unnoticed?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday 25 July 2013 19:48 Tim Lamb wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Plugged soak so spent the afternoon digging out a fresh one. Found a
20mm blue poly water pipe about 10 seconds after the digger bucket:-(

Oh well, new T coupling plus an inline for the shortened pipe. Luckily
in stock at nearest merchant and remembered to buy 5 nylon inserts.

Wheeling the barrow away after buttoning up the job, noticed an insert
rolling around in the barrow! I know I only bought 5!

So what is the likelihood of a 20mm blue poly joint with no insert
leaking into a soak unnoticed?

Probably not much at least in the short term. But...

How hard would it be to expose the joint as the soil is presumably all nice
and loose?

I think I would...

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:48:41 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

Plugged soak so spent the afternoon digging out a fresh one. Found a
20mm blue poly water pipe about 10 seconds after the digger bucket:-(

Oh dear.

So what is the likelihood of a 20mm blue poly joint with no insert
leaking into a soak unnoticed?

Guess it depends on whether or not its metered...

Maybe, whilst you have some relatively loose ground around, you should
dig it out again and sort it properly - do you have any baler twine? g

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:03:20 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

How does he know which is missing it though?

That's easy just decide which one you would have opened last and open
that one first.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
How does he know which is missing it though?

Ah! I think it must be the last one as I had to measure and cut to
length. At that stage I had fitted all the components except the
sleeve....

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On Thursday 25 July 2013 19:48 Tim Lamb wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Plugged soak so spent the afternoon digging out a fresh one. Found a
20mm blue poly water pipe about 10 seconds after the digger bucket:-(

Oh well, new T coupling plus an inline for the shortened pipe. Luckily
in stock at nearest merchant and remembered to buy 5 nylon inserts.

Wheeling the barrow away after buttoning up the job, noticed an insert
rolling around in the barrow! I know I only bought 5!

So what is the likelihood of a 20mm blue poly joint with no insert
leaking into a soak unnoticed?

Probably not much at least in the short term. But...

How hard would it be to expose the joint as the soil is presumably all nice
and loose?

I think I would...

Oh all right then. And as David asks, it is a metered supply.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2013 22:53, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
How does he know which is missing it though?

Ah! I think it must be the last one as I had to measure and cut to
length. At that stage I had fitted all the components except the sleeve....

So it is not just apprentices who cock it up then? Now me I never make
mistakes, especially now I am old! ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

Plugged soak so spent the afternoon digging out a fresh one. Found a 20mm
blue poly water pipe about 10 seconds after the digger bucket:-(

Oh well, new T coupling plus an inline for the shortened pipe. Luckily in
stock at nearest merchant and remembered to buy 5 nylon inserts.

Wheeling the barrow away after buttoning up the job, noticed an insert
rolling around in the barrow! I know I only bought 5!

So what is the likelihood of a 20mm blue poly joint with no insert leaking
into a soak unnoticed?

It'll hold in the short term, but as the water hammer effect works on it
over the days and weeks it's likely to work loose. As others have said, dig
it up again and make sure that they all have inserts.

Now it's perfectly possible that the merchant threw six into the bag by
mistake . . . . . . .

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
said the King, and a thousand camels strained their arses in the
morning sun...

There's lots more, and many versions. Here's one:

Thanks for that:-)

The job is done and yes, it was the last coupling.

http://ingeb.org/Lieder/thenight.html

--
Tim Lamb

Belfort Instrument Company DigiWx AWOS SHIT, SHIT and MORE SHIT oilstick Electronics Repair 1 July 21st 12 02:00 AM
She-e-e-esh SHIT! Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 12 October 5th 08 10:38 PM
OH, SHIT, SORRY SteveB Metalworking 16 August 10th 07 07:28 PM
Where can I take a shit? [email protected] Home Repair 11 October 15th 06 04:47 AM
OT--Aww shit.. Cliff Metalworking 0 April 25th 06 08:34 AM