Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPVC adhesive

I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC
bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/07/2013 11:33, Muddymike wrote:
I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one
UPVC bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back
with?

I would have thought the solvent sold for joining PVC pipework or
electrical conduit.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Muddymike" writes:
I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC
bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

It's glued with a 2-part cyanoacrylate glue, and that's probably
easiest if it's come completely off.

PVC solvent weld (as used for waste pipe plumbing) would work too,
but it's very easy to damage the polished PVC surfaces with this if
it gets onto them, and there's no way to wipe it off.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Muddymike" writes:
I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one
UPVC
bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

It's glued with a 2-part cyanoacrylate glue, and that's probably
easiest if it's come completely off.

PVC solvent weld (as used for waste pipe plumbing) would work too,
but it's very easy to damage the polished PVC surfaces with this if
it gets onto them, and there's no way to wipe it off.

Hmmmm, perhaps I could mask the nearby surfaces to prevent damage.

Its only a small area that lifted but could lead to rain driving in, or the
window cleaner doing more damage by catching it with his brush so I need to
do something.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:33:25 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC
bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

Mike

Tube of aeroplane glue from the hobby shop. The Airfix kit stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 22, 2013 11:33:25 AM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC

bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

Mike

this seems to profer some knowledge

http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18527

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike scribbled...

I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC
bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with?

Mike

A blowlamp.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday 23 July 2013 00:00 Artic wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Muddymike scribbled...

I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one
UPVC bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back
with?

Mike

A blowlamp.

In honour of harry - the angle agrinder has offcially been retired :-o

Reading this on the web? See:

Finding A new(ish) UPVC door to fit an old UPVC frame? Al Shahadie UK diy 1 September 24th 12 09:24 AM
UPVC: do you get what you pay for? Andrew[_17_] UK diy 5 December 10th 11 09:46 PM
Adhesive for UPVC sheets pebe UK diy 3 August 13th 06 11:14 PM
Interlocking Suspended Ceiling/Fixing Trunking - Self adhesive or Impact adhesive. [email protected] UK diy 0 February 3rd 06 09:21 AM
uPVC window trim adhesive Graeme UK diy 7 May 26th 04 01:58 PM