Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Nuclear powe/renewables energy.

On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/07/2013 17:57, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

So you think we have too much wind energy.
Do we have too much solar too?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 16/07/2013 17:57, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

So you think we have too much wind energy.
Do we have too much solar too?

Probably not.
But we need to be doing more with tidal energy now IMO
And more with ground source energy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:49:11 +0100, harryagain wrote:

But we need to be doing more with tidal energy now IMO

Well HMG seems to have stifled the severn barage again.

And more with ground source energy.

Also seems odd that HMG are willling to shove billions into
"kickstarting" the small scale Solar PV business but not GSHP's.
Nothing to do with the fact that bolting a few bits of glass on a
roof and running a cable or three can be done by any half trained
monkey in a day but installing a GSHP takes days with quite major
excavation or bore hole drilling and needs decent plumbing skills and
HP knowledge...

Quick Cheap Good - Pick any two.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/2013 09:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:49:11 +0100, harryagain wrote:

But we need to be doing more with tidal energy now IMO

Well HMG seems to have stifled the severn barage again.

And more with ground source energy.

Also seems odd that HMG are willling to shove billions into
"kickstarting" the small scale Solar PV business but not GSHP's.
Nothing to do with the fact that bolting a few bits of glass on a
roof and running a cable or three can be done by any half trained
monkey in a day but installing a GSHP takes days with quite major
excavation or bore hole drilling and needs decent plumbing skills and
HP knowledge...

Quick Cheap Good - Pick any two.

GSHP isn't worth it if you have mains gas.
It doesn't save any carbon or cash.

It would only make sense if the electricity used was from a cheap none
carbon source, something like nuclear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 19:53:11 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:

So you think we have too much wind energy.

I now a few people that have too much wind energy ;-)

Do we have too much solar too?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 13:34, dennis@home wrote:
[...]

which at the moment 20% is.

More probably with France exporting like mad.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 13:34, dennis@home wrote:
On 17/07/2013 09:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:49:11 +0100, harryagain wrote:

But we need to be doing more with tidal energy now IMO

Well HMG seems to have stifled the severn barage again.

And more with ground source energy.

Also seems odd that HMG are willling to shove billions into
"kickstarting" the small scale Solar PV business but not GSHP's.
Nothing to do with the fact that bolting a few bits of glass on a
roof and running a cable or three can be done by any half trained
monkey in a day but installing a GSHP takes days with quite major
excavation or bore hole drilling and needs decent plumbing skills and
HP knowledge...

Quick Cheap Good - Pick any two.

GSHP isn't worth it if you have mains gas.
It doesn't save any carbon or cash.

It does save carbon.

a CCGT set runs at 60% efficiincy and a typical GSHP runs at a 3x
multipler. So an 'effective' 180% efficiency gas = heat

OK there's transmission losses but the overall gains are probably around
40%.

If its coal operating at 30%, then you are right.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:49:11 +0100, harryagain wrote:

But we need to be doing more with tidal energy now IMO

Well HMG seems to have stifled the severn barage again.

And more with ground source energy.

Also seems odd that HMG are willling to shove billions into
"kickstarting" the small scale Solar PV business but not GSHP's.
Nothing to do with the fact that bolting a few bits of glass on a
roof and running a cable or three can be done by any half trained
monkey in a day but installing a GSHP takes days with quite major
excavation or bore hole drilling and needs decent plumbing skills and
HP knowledge...

Quick Cheap Good - Pick any two.

The reason is that they need make no investment.
The man in the street has an opporunity to avoid having his savings robbed
by stupid low interest rates and high inflation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Or renewables. I know some runs ground source enrgy from PV panels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 16:54, harryagain wrote:
[...]

instead harry will rob him thorough his utility bills., his shopping
bills and his train fares. And anything else that uses electricity.

What a **** you are, hiding behind a pious mask of greenery.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 16:56, harryagain wrote:
[...]

Is that so as to heat the house on hot sunny days?

what a **** you are harry, lying again.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , harryagain
writes

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

No we don't - we just need nukes nukes and nukes.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
[...]

Exporting to Germany because the ****wits have closed their nuclear
plants and the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 18:06, bert wrote:
In message , harryagain
writes

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

No we don't - we just need nukes nukes and nukes.

I'll settle for coal coal and gas..as well.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/07/13 18:07, bert wrote:
[...]

sun probably is shining in germany. storm brewing here. Near the local
windfarm by the looks of it. Yay!

"*When shall we three meet again
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

*

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Well ****s are useful, you aren't.
PV still works on cloudy days you retard.
Less but enough.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I expect you are being a parasite on the state.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 17/07/13 18:06, bert wrote:
In message , harryagain
writes

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 15/07/2013 09:01, harryagain wrote:

Renewable energy can be made to work.
I have posted links to you before.
I won't post them again because clearly you never read them.
Because you are an eejit.

You have never posted one that shows wind energy works, you can't have
because it doesn't.
even the government is waking up to the con.

Den you are the worst of the half wits.
Of course wind on it's own is insufficient.
We need a wide range of alternative energy sources.

No we don't - we just need nukes nukes and nukes.

I'll settle for coal coal and gas..as well.

Fair enough
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:56:22 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

[...]

The last coal stations in the UK running at 30% efficiency were closed 25+ years
ago.

They are around 36% for two / three shifting stations and 38% for baseload.