Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hours Counters on Plant & Machinery

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:41:14 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth
wrote:

Err it's a piece of your favourite cream and sponge confection. At the most
basic a new hour meter can be installed for a few quid. Most roll over at a
thousand hours anyway.

Dirt cheap to replace I agree but only 3% of the hours meters from one
industrial supplier roll over at 1000 hours. The vast majority are 100,000
hours or more and in my experience essentially non volatile and unresettable
unless you want to start unpotting die on board packages hook up to unconnected
bonding pads and determine the reset method.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Err it's a piece of your favourite cream and sponge confection. At the most
basic a new hour meter can be installed for a few quid. Most roll over at a
thousand hours anyway.

Dirt cheap to replace I agree but only 3% of the hours meters from one
industrial supplier roll over at 1000 hours. The vast majority are 100,000
hours or more and in my experience essentially non volatile and unresettable
unless you want to start unpotting die on board packages hook up to unconnected
bonding pads and determine the reset method.

All the hours meters on the equipment that I own is four or at most five
digits with a tenth digit hence 999.9 or 9999.9 hours.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/