Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Ads not by this site" - harry

Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Looks daft and breaks the convention that you don't change the post you
are replying to (except by dint of snipping).

I have not (so far) seen it on anyone else's responses.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-04-28, polygonum wrote:
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Who are you talking to, and what are you talking about?

He's talking to "Harry" who has recently been posting "Ads not by this
site" immediately after the quoted text without even a single space
separation.

Harry posts via Google Groups (why?)
Perhaps it's GG way of telling us that we are missing all their
sponsored crap when we read Usenet posts via er,Usenet.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

On 28 Apr 2013 12:18:54 GMT, Huge wrote:

Who are you talking to, and what are you talking about?

He's talking to "Harry" who has recently been posting "Ads not by this
site" immediately after the quoted text without even a single space
separation.

Harry posts via Google Groups (why?)
Perhaps it's GG way of telling us that we are missing all their
sponsored crap when we read Usenet posts via er,Usenet.

I see the "ads not by this site" on harry's recent posts. If I use
google groups (old or new version) I don't see the text added in any
replies I compose, even with AB+ turned off, I didn't go so far as
actually posting them.

Looks like GG postings now go through a couple of SMTP hops, which they
didn't some time ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Apr 2013 16:30:15 GMT, Huge wrote:

Ah, harry's been killfiled here for a ling time.

+1

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 28, 9:13*am, polygonum wrote:
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Looks daft and breaks the convention that you don't change the post you
are replying to (except by dint of snipping).

I have not (so far) seen it on anyone else's responses.

--
RodAds not by this site

I have no idea.
I am suddenly having floating adverts appearing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-04-28, polygonum wrote:
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Who are you talking to, and what are you talking about?

He's talking to "Harry" who has recently been posting "Ads not by this
site" immediately after the quoted text without even a single space
separation.

Harry posts via Google Groups (why?)
Perhaps it's GG way of telling us that we are missing all their
sponsored crap when we read Usenet posts via er,Usenet.

You are correct. The Google is much easier to follow threads and you
can find old threads much easier.I use the "Old" Goggle.
They are really annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

I use the "Old" Goggle.
They are really annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

I don't think they're coming from Google, more likely you've picked up
some malware that's injecting adverts into web pages as you view them,
do they appear if you use a different browser?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2013 18:15, Andy Burns wrote:
harry wrote:

I use the "Old" Goggle.
They are really annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

I don't think they're coming from Google, more likely you've picked up
some malware that's injecting adverts into web pages as you view them,
do they appear if you use a different browser?

Its from a bunch of related browser hijack programs...

SaveAs, SearchNew tab, Search assistant, web search, coupon companion etc.

Generally they can be uninstalled fairly easily, although you will need
to manually drop them as add ons from the browser.

Malwarebytes anti-malware will have most of them away.

--
Cheers,

John.

Junior Member

Location: LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonum View Post
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Looks daft and breaks the convention that you don't change the post you
are replying to (except by dint of snipping).

I have not (so far) seen it on anyone else's responses.

--
Rod
You've probably picked up a potentially unwanted or even malicious web browser extension. The problem is that "ads not by this site" might be displayed by more than 40 different extension, complete list is available here

Remove the "Ads not by this site" Browser Hijacker

If you find it then simply scan your computer with AdwCleaner

AdwCleaner Download

It's a great tool designed to remove adware, toolbars, etc. Works even better than Malwarebytes.

Cheers!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
On Apr 28, 9:13*am, polygonum wrote:
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

Looks daft and breaks the convention that you don't change the post you
are replying to (except by dint of snipping).

I have not (so far) seen it on anyone else's responses.

--
RodAds not by this site

I have no idea.

Really, Harry ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-04-28, polygonum wrote:

Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of
the previous post on your responses?

He's talking to "Harry" who has recently been posting "Ads not by this
site" immediately after the quoted text without even a single space
separation.

Harry posts via Google Groups (why?)
Perhaps it's GG way of telling us that we are missing all their
sponsored crap when we read Usenet posts via er,Usenet.

You are correct. The Google is much easier to follow threads and you
can find old threads much easier.I use the "Old" Goggle.
They are really annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

There are no ads on the current GG interface

NT