Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall rebuild quote

Hi .
A brickie gave me a quote to take down an old wall
(about 13ft long by 6' 6" high)using 140mm concrete blocks, for (£790).
This wall is connected to my neighbour's wall with an
adjacent wall between us.
The brickie want to cut the wall flush to the adjacent double leaf brick walls
and join to the old walls with an expansion gap with no 'bricking in'.
The whole wall including my neighbours section is only about
25' long so I don't think an expansion gap is required.
I think the quote he's given me is high
I'm wondering if the cost of this expansion gap sealant/mastic)
is expensive.

I'm located in Liverpool.

Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ok, Thanks for advice.

On Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:10:49 PM UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
wrote:

Hi .

A brickie gave me a quote to take down an old wall

(about 13ft long by 6' 6" high)using 140mm concrete blocks, for

(�790).

This wall is connected to my neighbour's wall with an

adjacent wall between us.

The brickie want to cut the wall flush to the adjacent double leaf

brick walls and join to the old walls with an expansion gap with no

'bricking in'.

The whole wall including my neighbours section is only about

25' long so I don't think an expansion gap is required.

I think the quote he's given me is high

I'm wondering if the cost of this expansion gap sealant/mastic)

is expensive.

He must be getting a hefty discount from his supplier, my advice is pay the

man or get someone in who will do it cheaper but cut corners, IE very little

cement in the mortar, no additives, poor quality blocks (seconds) etc, etc,

and then pay to have it done a second time in a few years.

O/T: Quote Of THe Day Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 61 September 11th 12 04:39 AM
Bulwell stone wall rebuild paul UK diy 3 July 14th 06 12:53 AM
WOW quote Birchy Home Ownership 0 April 8th 05 09:07 AM
quote of the day Birchy Woodturning 0 March 31st 05 09:41 PM