Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default Alltronik/Henderson garage door remote control

Garage in house we're moving to has a Henderson 800 deluxe mark II
remote control door opener.

It is operated by an Alltronik 27MHz handset. This is a grey box with
a big red operator button and a lift off flap.

We know it works since we saw a car parked in the garage whilst
viewing

But....

1. No instructions were left by the previous owners :-(

Please can anyone supply basic instructions for either the Henderson
unit and/or the Alltronik handset.

Yes, the 27MHz band is out of date, but I'd like to make the inherited
system work before upgrading

2. There must surely be a battery in the handset (PP3/MN1604.according
to a battery web site).

The battery still seems to be active as a red light comes on if the
operator button is pressed.but how do you expose it? The flap is too
small.

3. Any other information on either the Alltronik or Henderson 800/880
greatly appreciated.

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Garage in house we're moving to has a Henderson 800 deluxe mark II remote
control door opener.

It is operated by an Alltronik 27MHz handset. This is a grey box with a
big red operator button and a lift off flap.

How about asking a Henderson dealer?

2. There must surely be a battery in the handset (PP3/MN1604.according
to a battery web site). The battery still seems to be active as a red
light comes on if the operator button is pressed. but how do you expose
it? The flap is too small.

What's under the flap, then? Maybe it's not the sort of battery that the
website says. Though, it may be access to DIPswitches for setting a channel
number. Or maybe the box just prises apart. Does it have a seam/gap all
around the edge? If you look closely are there any signs that someone may
previously have used a screwdriver or table knife to lever any of it apart?

Any chance of you posting a picture of one of the handsets?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/2013 18:01, jim wrote:
[...]

Google is your friend! Try
http://www.teknuw.com/garage-door-op...ual/henderson/

If it's like mine, it works like this:

Push the button when the door is closed, and the door will start to
open. If you do nothing else, it will stop when fully open.

Likewise, push the button when the door is open, and it will close.

If you push the button when the door is in motion, it will stop where it
is - part-way open. When you then press it again, it will move in the
opposite direction - i.e. if you stopped it while it was opening, a
further press makes it move in the closing direction, and vice versa.

I'm somewhat confused about exactly what state yours is in. In one
breath you say that you know it works (although having seen a car in the
garage proves nothing!) and then, later, you say that you want to make
it work - as though it doesn't currently work. Please clarify!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:01:18 -0700 (PDT), jim
wrote:

[...]

You haven't lost mains power to the door, or any silly thing like
that, have you?

--
Frank Erskine