Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Handbags for men

Nightjar wrote:
On 04/04/2013 18:16, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Jim Hawkins" wrote:

The Frenchman has his sacoche, the Spaniard has his bolsa.
Why do English men think it's the mark of a poof to carry a
handbag ?

Not needed. I put stuff in my pockets. If I doesn't fit, then I've
got too much stuff. Ever watch SWMBO looking for stuff in her
handbag? QED.

I don't know why women have a problem finding things in their
handbags. Whatever they want will always be at the bottom.

Not smart enough to turn them upside down before starting to look.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim Hawkins" wrote:

The Frenchman has his sacoche, the Spaniard has his bolsa. Why do
English men think it's the mark of a poof to carry a handbag ?

Not needed. I put stuff in my pockets. If I doesn't fit, then I've
got too much stuff. Ever watch SWMBO looking for stuff in her
handbag? QED.

I don't know why women have a problem finding things in their handbags.
Whatever they want will always be at the bottom.

Not smart enough to turn them upside down before starting to look.

If they thought about it, they'd have another zip on the bottom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:16:14 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
"Jim Hawkins" wrote:

The Frenchman has his sacoche, the Spaniard has his bolsa. Why do
English men think it's the mark of a poof to carry a handbag ?

Not needed. I put stuff in my pockets. If I doesn't fit, then I've got
too much stuff. Ever watch SWMBO looking for stuff in her handbag? QED.

Same here. Six pockets in my everyday trousers, two of which are
generally empty and spare. If I want to carry optical assistance, I take
the monocle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2013 21:42, Bob Eager wrote:
If I want to carry optical assistance, I take
the monocle.

I thought about it, but couldn't find anywhere to buy one. Then I
discovered pound shops keep reading glasses, which are cheap enough to
stick in a pocket and not care too much if they break.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:19:21 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

On 04/04/2013 21:42, Bob Eager wrote:
If I want to carry optical assistance, I take
the monocle.

I thought about it, but couldn't find anywhere to buy one. Then I
discovered pound shops keep reading glasses, which are cheap enough to
stick in a pocket and not care too much if they break.

Andy

The 99p shop has specs. in plastic tubes. The tube has a clip but it can be
a bit poorly fastened and the specs and bottom part of the tube tend to drop
down. Fortunately the pocket for those and the phobile has a separator so
the tube stays upright without the clip.

Whatever happened to the marsupium (also known as bum-bag)? I have 4, from
just big enough for a few things in hot weather (Hasn't been used for a
couple of years!) to enough for drink, food, thin coat, hat, gloves etc.;
also one with a sort of mesh mini-rucsack inside it.
I just wouldn't keep the wallet in it unless it's the small one round the
front.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim Hawkins" wrote:

The Frenchman has his sacoche, the Spaniard has his bolsa. Why do
English men think it's the mark of a poof to carry a handbag ?

Not needed. I put stuff in my pockets. If I doesn't fit, then I've got
too much stuff. Ever watch SWMBO looking for stuff in her handbag? QED.

Same here.

Me too.

Six pockets in my everyday trousers,

There are only 4 with most of mine, and one is the fob pocket for coins.

two of which are generally empty and spare.

I normally have something in all of them when out
of the house, but thats because I prefer to keep the
phone in its own pocket so it doesnt get gouged up
by the keys.

If I want to carry optical assistance, I take the monocle.

I just wear them all the time except in the shower and when sleeping.