Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ESR meters again

I seem to be accumulating a pile of things with faults that are most
likely down to dodgy capacitors, but my homebrew ESR meter's one of those
things that is still in deep storage back in the UK. So...

1) I know that there was a thread a few weeks ago about ESR meters, and
someone suggested one that was being sold on ebay - I think that
listing's gone, but the site seems to be awash with others (all via
China) which I believe are exactly the same product (e.g. http://
tinyurl.com/ces3y7m). They all show a capacitor hooked directly to the
meter, though - so can anyone confirm that this meter is suitable for in-
circuit testing? (typically I think meters output a sine wave around
100kHz with an amplitude below that which will trip TTL logic gates, do
they not?)

2) Any other recommendations for a cheap meter? I really don't need
inductance, transistor testing etc. as my DMM does that anyway ,so just
plain ol' ESR will do.

3) Any recommendations for schematics for a DIY meter? I think I've got
at least one moving-coil meter in the junk box, and a few op-amps of
various types. I don't think I've got the schematic for the "in-storage"
meter that I built any more. There are quite a few schematics available
via google, but I don't know if any of them are any good or not...

cheers

Jules

pH meters Rick Hughes[_5_] UK diy 18 September 12th 12 05:11 PM
Gas Meters Robert Green Home Repair 10 June 24th 10 07:40 PM
Amp & Vol. Meters add ons west Electronics 3 December 19th 06 02:03 AM
ESR METERS bigdaddy Electronics Repair 41 April 14th 05 04:21 PM
ESR Meters Michael Fiedler Electronics Repair 5 April 25th 04 03:36 AM