Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I buy rubber cleaner/conditioner?

On Tuesday, November 2, 1999 8:00:00 AM UTC, Mark Payne wrote:
Does anybody know where I can buy rubber cleaner/conditioner? About 7
years ago I was given a 2 fluid oz. bottle of TEAC rubber cleaner
conditioner, I believe that it was quite expensive. The contents list
says that it contains aromatic hydrocarbons, antioxidant and no alcohol.

I have always used it to clean pinch rollers but lately have found that
it's brilliant for removing the glaze on the rubber rollers of some
paper handling machinery that I use for work. Of course now it's running
out :-(

Any alternatives welcomed.

I remember buying some of this
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/specials/misc/all/S03
some time ago for that purpose, and it worked brilliantly until the laser printer died of an unrelated problem.

Although they're a US company there seemed to be no problem with shipping at that time.

As some other posters have mentioned the cloth did seem to be quite black after the application, and I was never sure whether that was all dirt or whether it actually took just a fraction off the surface. I've never tried it on pinch rollers!