Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A whinge...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this
for the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those
of IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android
app compared with an IOS one...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this
for the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those
of IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android
app compared with an IOS one...

As they say the Android app will along soon, you may have hit the nail
on the head. Both apps are probably up and running, but they're waiting
for approval from the Android app shop.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this for
the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those of
IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android app
compared with an IOS one...

Maybe for the same reason they devote hours of news programming to the
release of the latest crApple device, hardly any to Microsoft and nothing
for Android.

If the BBC weren't paid millions for their advertising of the latest Iphone
and Ipad, they should have been. And they should receive a cut of the
profits from the last few Bond (yawn) films too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/13 18:46, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this
for the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber
those of IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android
app compared with an IOS one...

Maybe for the same reason they devote hours of news programming to the
release of the latest crApple device, hardly any to Microsoft and
nothing for Android.

If the BBC weren't paid millions for their advertising of the latest
Iphone and Ipad, they should have been. And they should receive a cut of
the profits from the last few Bond (yawn) films too.

Amateurs compared to the Guardian. Practically an Apple brochure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2013 18:46, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

And they should receive a cut of
the profits from the last few Bond (yawn) films too.

Not forgetting the 50 times they promoted David Bowies's new single on
Radio 4 recently. They even had lengthy news articles, with extracts of
the the music track, about people complaining that it was blatant
advertising.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2013 22:00, alan wrote:
On 19/01/2013 18:46, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

And they should receive a cut of
the profits from the last few Bond (yawn) films too.

Not forgetting the 50 times they promoted David Bowies's new single on
Radio 4 recently. They even had lengthy news articles, with extracts of
the the music track, about people complaining that it was blatant
advertising.

Radio 5 were just as bad. And you also have a feeling sometimes that
they are on Stevie's RIP marketing team.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this for
the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those of
IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android app
compared with an IOS one...

Maybe for the same reason they devote hours of news programming to the
release of the latest crApple device, hardly any to Microsoft and nothing
for Android.

If the BBC weren't paid millions for their advertising of the latest
Iphone and Ipad, they should have been. And they should receive a cut of
the profits from the last few Bond (yawn) films too.

And the touted idea that Bond should have won wherever awarded it was last
week was ridiculous

The idea that "a one may saves the world shoot-em-up" can ever be good
enough for "best picture" is laughable

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this for
the IOS over Android,

Like that's either because its more readily available
to them for IOS than Android or because whoever
decided that is into IOS and not Android.

Our second govt national broadcaster has done the
same thing, its only available for IOS, so it may well
be whats readily available to them or something.

considering that android users outnumber those of IOS by approx 5:1?

Its far from clear how true that is with those who are likely to use that
service.

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android app
compared with an IOS one...

And that may well be a large part of it.

Tho it isnt with some of our supermarkets which support both.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 19/01/2013 17:43, JoeJoe wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20928565

Can someone explain to me why would the BBC choose to prioritise this
for the IOS over Android, considering that android users outnumber those
of IOS by approx 5:1?

And yes, I am aware of the added complications of creating an Android
app compared with an IOS one...

I tend to avoid apps like this and ICBA to install it to find out, but
does it give you anything you couldn't just as easily get from their web
pages?

About the only advantage of my Android tablet over my iPad is that is
has Flash and Firefox for desktop browsing mode

Lee