Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting off a mailing list?

As somone has already posted an off topic about email issues, here is
another one I'd like to solve. Sure I could just keep dumping the offenders
into spam and hope the google system virgin use learns, or I could, well
read on..

One of my accounts seems to have got itself on a list which possibly genuine
Chinese companies use to sell their products overseas. Looking at this
little collection, I guess I could email some of them andask them to remove
me from the list. About half of them are now getting through the Virgin
filters into the inbox of said account.
Any ideas?
Maybe I should offer to rewrite their sales pitches in real English!
See below if you chuckle at strange English. Some are not bad, but others,
well..

Brian
Dear Sir/Madam,

Good day! We got your email address from search engines.
We are a professional manufacturer of golf trolley and electric & gas
powered golf cars in China in the past years.
Thanks to the rich technical personnel, advanced R&D capacity, abundant
capital and employee's innovating spirit, we keep developing many novel,
fashionable, specific and dignified models which are highly evaluated by the
customers home and abroad for their quality, reasonable price and after-sale
service.
Hereby we wish to you draw your kind attention to the fact we are to highly
appreciate your assistance and keenly look forward to entering into business
relationship with you in the long run. Any of your efforts you exert to our
company will be reciprocated due in the forthcoming future.

Please contact us if you need details of our products.

Best regards,
Miss jane
YONGKANG JINGHANG INDUSTRY
CHANGCHENG INDUSTRIAL ZONE, YONGKANG,
ZHEJIANG, CHINA
Email:

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are glad to know you are in market for aluminum radiator ..

We are professional manufacture in aluminum radiator and iron radiator . As
you know An understanding of one more chance ,Hope we have chance to know
each other .
Sincerely,

Alisa
Dosan Industry Co,Ltd
Tel:0086-579-87430762 86-18042583019
Email:

Msn:

Dear Parter,
I am Glad to contact with you.
We are professional manufacture and supplier of woodworking
machinery,including the MDF production line,Particle board production line
and OSB machinery.Edge banding machinery,CNC machines,laminating
machinery.and sanding machines.
The most is we produce the no glue panel production line,that is our board
from our machinery don't have any formaldehyde.it is advanced technology and
innovation in this field.we don't use the urea-formaldehyde or MDI glue.we
use no glue adhesive.it can save 30%-50% chemical cost than
urea-formaldehyde glue technology.
In wood board making field.not only we can use the wood as the raw
materials,our equipment can use the wheat straw.cotton straw or other crop
straw as the raw materials to produce the MDF or PARTICLE BOARD.
We use the single layer hotpress machines or continuous flat press machines
to produce the MDF or PARTICLE BOARD.
If you need the sanding machinery,melamine hotpress machines,or MDF,PARTICLE
BOARD PRODUCTION LINE,please reply my email.I must send you more files and
give you competitive price.
After we cooperate,we teach you all technology and good afer selling
service.
Hope we build good and long-term cooperation.
Look forward to your early reply.
Warmer Regards,
Becky
Export department Manager
Weifang dening industry
Mail:

Skype: Beckybecky666999999
Tel/Fax: 0086 0536 2155702

Dear Sir or Madam,

Wealth Land Electronics Co.,Ltd here.

We specialize in electronic devices field with full experience and we have
100 % confidence in our technology and quality.

Now our hot seller is anti-lost machine for iPhone and iPad . Anti-lost
machine is a little guy with the bluetooth fuction can fit for iPhone and
iPad . It can connect with the phone by bluetooth , and when the phone is
out of the setting distance from the anti-lost machine (You can set the
distance by yourself) . Both the machine and the phone will alarm . And you
can find the phone quickly . The size of anti-lost machine is just like a
cion , very easy taken and cute look .

If any interest, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Cherry
Senior Sales Rep.
WEALTH LAND ELECTRONIC LIMITED

Dear firiend:
A good day to you~~
This is Sandy from China that we are experienced manufacturer for natural
handmade woven baskets, including gift basket ,wicker basket, garden basket,
laundry basket ect.
If you have any purchasing plan in this area, please dont hesitate to
contact us for more information. Look forward a chance to work with you
Thank you for your time !~
Best regards
Sandy

Focus Innovation Gifts Company is a Leading Company in leather gifts
products.
Wedding Photo album box/ case are main leather products we strong
recommend.
Photo frame also it is one of our lines!
Pls see below for some designs for photo album and fame.

Below are our advantage:
1.Special luxury unique designs to make your products unique;
2.Hotselling promotion designs make your products more popular!
3.Variety of styles, with wide range of price!
4.Good quality and reasonable price, and good before and after sales
service.
5.Easy to do business with us, we have a professional work team, easy to
communicate.
6.We accept customize designs.

Our company located in DongGuan city, which is very near Shenzhen port.

Warmly Tips: Our MOQ is 500pcs/ item, if you are looking for a
manufacturer to provide photo album box or frame, whether you are a
wholesaler or retailer , if the quantity can reach our MOQ, why not contact
wit us?

Wish we would be your good and reliable partner in China!
Thanks for your choice!
Stephanie

Dear Friend,
Wish you have a good day!
We are the professional manufacturer and supplier ofcalcium chloridein
China. We export large quantity to USA and Middle East countries,deal to
high quality and reasonable price?
Pls check the detailed information as follows,hope it will workable for your
market:
1?Grade:industry and food
2?Model:74%, 77%, 94%, 95% calcium chloride
3?Shapeowder, granule, flake, prill
4?Packing: 25 Kg PP Bags /1MT Jumbo Bags
Others, we can also offermagnesium chloride, calcium bromide ,sodium
bromide, sodium bicarbonate ,caustic soda and xanthan gum.
Any interest, pls feel free to contact me. Hope to establish business with
you.

Best regards

Sally OU
CRE CHEM (QINGDAO)LIMITED
ADD: No. 19 Sunshine New Road, Jinan ,China
Tel: +86-531-69904166
Fax: +86-531-69904166
E-mail:

Website:
www.crecompany.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of wall clock. We
have profuse designs with series quality grade.

we develop new designs nearly( pls check attach picture big new wall clock)
for your market, If you have interest in it, it`s my pleasure to offer news
to you regular.

Best regard
Mr.Taylor Lynn

ZHANGZHOU ELECTRON CO. LTD.
Add:Zhangzhou city ,Fujian,China

Dear Manager:
We are Manufacture enterprise for Oiless Air Compressor,Dental Chair,
Portable Dental Unit,Handpiece, Disposables, Curing Light, Polisher ,X-ray
Machine,Quick Steam Sterilizer ,Wheel-chair ,etc,Most of items has CE
certificates.
If any questions kindly contact me.
Thanks and Best regards
Kelly Mo
Sales supervisor

--
Contact ; Kelly Mo (Sales supervisor)
Mob; +86 13535714308

neteasefooter

Dear Sirs,
Good day.
This is Susie from Gold Ox International Industrial Co., Ltd. Our company
mainly produces Wire, Wire Mesh and Nails with high qualitry. Our products
are as follows:
Galvanized wire
Razor barbed wire
Stainless steel wire mesh
Welded wire mesh
Chain link fence
Common nails
Concrete nails
Coil nails
Roofing nails
Paper strip nails
Hexagonal wire netting
Perforated metal mesh
Expanded metal mesh
Fiberglass mesh
Steel grating
We also make products according to customers" requirments.
Sincerely hope that we have a chance to cooperate with you. Please contact
us freely if you are interested in our products.
Best regards,
Susie
Gold Ox International Industrial Co.,limited
Add: Room 302, HainaModernCity, Beijing road, Rizhao, China

Tel: 86-633-3691680
Fax: 86-633-8017391

Skype:guanda998

Dear Sir:
Good day!
I am Ms Coral, sales of LIZHAO electrionic Co. Ltd. we are a professional
exporter and manufactuer handling LCD, LED TV and DVB in Zhuhai city, China.
Based on strongly production, high quality and more 6 years experience of
exporting, we got a high confirmation from more than hundreds clients all
over the world. We are always expecting the long business cooperation with
you.
For our more information, kindly visit website
www.everark.com to view our
products.
If you have any interest or question, pls feel free and mail me. or if you
have any idea, also can let me know.
Awaiting your good news,we are.
PS:AJSC will stop in next 3 months, to open AJSC channels only can buy AJSC
card, or can use our receiver to open IPTV.

MsCoral
sales
Dear Sir or Madam,
YASEN video conference camera brings you face to face feeling. We supply
Standard video conference camera and HD video conference camera.

Quality: The video conference camera was composite by zoom module and dome
camera. All cameras was used original SONY zoom module inside it. Dome part
was developed by our R&D team. Till this year, we have 5 years experience
in this field. Our products have been installed in over 30 countries and
enjoy good reputation from our clients.

Price: How to find cost-effective products?
YASEN quality is compared with 95% SONY. But you only need to pay less than
50% SONY price. We have retained a little profit to us, but a lot of space
to the dealer.

Service: Professional, Fast, Effective, Integrity.

Warranty: All products warranty is 2 year. We will repair defective
products without charge during the period.
Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Mary

-----

Digital Technology Co.,Ltd

Address: 7F, Building 28, XiLi Town, Nanshan District, ShenZhen, China

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of wall clock. We
have profuse designs with series quality grade.

we develop new designs nearly( pls check attach picture big new wall clock)
for your market, If you have interest in it, it`s my pleasure to offer news
to you regular.

Best regard
Mr.Taylor Lynn

ZHANGZHOU ELECTRON CO. LTD.
Add:Zhangzhou city ,Fujian,China

And last but not least.. this huge organisation...
Dear Purchasing Manager
Special Prices!!!
D104 for ML-1660US$13.10
D108 for ML-1640US$12.50
ML-1710US$11.10
TN-450US$8.80
LC 37/57US$0.70 each
T073US$0.60 each
BCI-3US$0.60 each
Compatible New Product!!!
Brand
Model No.
For Use In Printer Model
Pages Yield
Price
Samsung
MLT-D305L
Samsung ML-3750ND
15,000
US$24.80
Samsung
MLT-D101L
SAMSUNG ML-2160/2165
1,500
US$19.80
Xerox
113R00670
Xerox 5500/5550
30,000
US$26.90
Xerox
113R00668
60,000
US$59.60
Xerox
106R01531
Xerox WC3550
11,000
US$18.60
HP
CF210A (131A)
Hp LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw M251 M276n
1,600
US$16.50
HP
CF210X (131X)
2,400
US$17.60
HP
CF211A (131A)
1,800
US$16.50
HP
CF212A (131A)
1,800
US$16.50
HP
CF213A (131A)
1,800
US$16.50
Compatible for HP, Samsung, Brother, Canon, Lexmark, Xerox, Dell, Epson,
IBM, Minolta, Panasonic, Ricoh, Toshiba, OKI, Sharp, Kyocera, Lenovo, Tally
Genicom.
If you are interested in any models, please let me know the code, I will
quote you the best price for your kind consideration.
We warmly welcome your trial order to test our quality and service
High Definition Printouts ˇVQuality + Reliability
For our company ~ Union Computer Supplies (Hong Kong), established since
1989. is the 3rd largest international wholesalers dedicated to specialized
global distribution solutions for consumer product. We are serving over 1000
business partners in over 100 countries worldwide with turning over
USD$260,000,000 in annual revenues with main product competencies in
computer IT products (mostly focus on consumable good e.g. ink / toner /
cartridge), for more information, please visit our
website:www.unioncomputersupplies.com
We believe that our offer is competitive enough to beat your competitor in
your market with stable /outstanding service and quality also, our company
background can make customer have plenty of confidence to be a long term
partner!
Thanks & Best Regards
Henry Li

Union Computer Supplies Ltd.
Phone:
+852 2307 9338 Ext. 29
Mobile:
+852 6388 0865
Fax:
+852 2729 2228
Website:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com / http://www.ionsupplies.com/
E-mail:

MSN:

Skype:
henrylihk
Address:
Room 901, Yee Kuk Ind. Ctr., 555 Yee Kuk Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon,
Hong Kong (Cheung Sha Wan MTR Station Exit B)
Company Leaflets:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com...ct-service.php
Online Office:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com/office.php
Online Warehouse 1:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com/wh.php
Online Warehouse 2:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com...?p=nw1&r=27235
Website:
http://www.unioncomputersupplies.com
We carry 9 categories of 100+ global brand names
Stocking up to 2000 profitable items to a level of 10.6 millions USD
Working Capital: 25.6 million USD
With 21 years experience
Trade Fair Attend: CeBit Hannover / Photokina Cologne / IFA Berlin /
Paperworld Frankfurt
Messe Hannover / Comdex Paris / CES Las Vegas / Remax Barcelona
Paperworld Moscow / Gitex Dubai / Comdex Korea / Isot Tokyo

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday 13 January 2013 11:40 Brian Gaff wrote in uk.d-i-y:

[...]

Put an email filter in that bounces them all back to
?

I bet the will stop soon enough.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog:
http://www.dionic.net/tim/

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceived SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/2013 11:40, Brian Gaff wrote:
As somone has already posted an off topic about email issues, here is
another one I'd like to solve. Sure I could just keep dumping the offenders
into spam and hope the google system virgin use learns, or I could, well
read on..

One of my accounts seems to have got itself on a list which possibly genuine
Chinese companies use to sell their products overseas. Looking at this
little collection, I guess I could email some of them andask them to remove
me from the list. About half of them are now getting through the Virgin
filters into the inbox of said account.
Any ideas?

Block them based on this ISPs IP address range. They are Chinese
spammers. You can kill 80% of them with a handful of spam havens.

sina.com, hinet.com. 126.com for instance

More difficult if you have genuine communications with Chinese
companies. The easiest thing is to bounce everything to that address
that is not on a white list of allowed senders.

Email:

Email:

Msn:

Mail:

Skype: Beckybecky666999999
Tel/Fax: 0086 0536 2155702

E-mail:

E-mail:

Skype:guanda998

MSN:

Skype:
henrylihk

Distilled down to email addresses only.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:40:10 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

One of my accounts seems to have got itself on a list which possibly genuine
Chinese companies use to sell their products overseas. Looking at this
little collection, I guess I could email some of them andask them to remove
me from the list. About half of them are now getting through the Virgin
filters into the inbox of said account.
Any ideas?

A few years ago I used my regular email address to register with
alibaba, and since then I've had the occasional spam from Chinese
companies.
However, I've found that spam binning them with gmail's own spam
reporting tool works incredibly well and who knows how many others
have been blanked since then. The very odd new one pops up and gets
the same treatment and it's peace again for a couple of months.

Google mail - it just works; you can also redirect your mail through
your gmail account and take advantage of their spam filters, which are
unsurpassed anywhere else I've tried.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Google mail - it just works; you can also redirect your mail through
your gmail account and take advantage of their spam filters, which are
unsurpassed anywhere else I've tried.

I only use gmail for mailing-list memberships, I agree that they let
very little spam through, but I find that 75% of the stuff that does
end-up in the spam bin is genuine list content.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I am on virgin which is just rebranded gmail of course. I cannot fathom the
webmail part but it seems if you go on via imap you can get to the folders
and if you move stuff into where it belongs then it seems to remember. the
snag though is that increasingly, legitimate email list or email from
organisations I actually want to get mail from have their messages gthrown
into the spam bin and moving stuff the other way seems not to be so
efficient on the rememberd front, hence my question.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Google mail - it just works; you can also redirect your mail through
your gmail account and take advantage of their spam filters, which are
unsurpassed anywhere else I've tried.

I only use gmail for mailing-list memberships, I agree that they let very
little spam through, but I find that 75% of the stuff that does end-up in
the spam bin is genuine list content.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I am on virgin which is just rebranded gmail of course. I cannot fathom the
webmail part but it seems if you go on via imap you can get to the folders

I've only used IMAP with gmail to import/export mail between it and
other systems, it doesn't have folders as such, just tags, and each
email can have many tags, so effectively be in many folders at once.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:31:13 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

I only use gmail for mailing-list memberships, I agree that they let
very little spam through, but I find that 75% of the stuff that does
end-up in the spam bin is genuine list content.

Well, if you have people on your mailing list with
as their addresses, then that's a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:25:54 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

------------8
However, I've found that spam binning them with gmail's own spam
reporting tool works incredibly well and who knows how many others
have been blanked since then. The very odd new one pops up and gets
the same treatment and it's peace again for a couple of months.

Google mail - it just works; you can also redirect your mail through
your gmail account and take advantage of their spam filters, which are
unsurpassed anywhere else I've tried.

+1

I used to manage all that myself using POPFile (an excellent tool that
gives extremely good results once tuned up). For the last several
years I've forwarded all my domain mail to a Gmail account and relied
on their spam filtering. As near flawless as makes little difference.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
wrote:

[...]

With BTYahoo you can mark an e-mail as Spam and any in future are
automatically binned, The reverse process is also available
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/14/2013 1:47 PM, bert wrote:

With BTYahoo you can mark an e-mail as Spam and any in future are
automatically binned, The reverse process is also available

That's how it's _supposed_ to work.

Recently, BTYahoo have been dumping lots of my mail into the junk
folder. I mark it as not spam, it goes into my inbox - and the same
thing happens the next day. Over and over. It doesn't appear to be
learning.
I prefer to access all my mail with Thunderbird, rather than use the
website, but the stuff in the junk folder only appears on the website,
so I have to keep checking mail there.

Annoying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 1/14/2013 1:47 PM, bert wrote:

With BTYahoo you can mark an e-mail as Spam and any in future are
automatically binned, The reverse process is also available

That's how it's _supposed_ to work.

Recently, BTYahoo have been dumping lots of my mail into the junk
folder. I mark it as not spam, it goes into my inbox - and the same
thing happens the next day. Over and over. It doesn't appear to be
learning.
I prefer to access all my mail with Thunderbird, rather than use the
website, but the stuff in the junk folder only appears on the website,
so I have to keep checking mail there.

Annoying.

Yes I use a POP3 e-mail client. Much easier especially as I have 4
sub-accounts and it collect them all for me and sorts them into
different user names/folders.
But I must admit today I too was surprised to find one or two e-mails in
the Spam folder which I am sure I have previously corrected. Must keep
an eye on it.
Still it's a lot better than my previous ISP Demon who have just
introduced a new e-mail system based on MS Exchange and judging by the
comments in demon.service is pretty chaotic,
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bert wrote:
In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 1/14/2013 1:47 PM, bert wrote:

[...]

The BT spam filter uses info from all users to decide what's spam and
what isn't. Even if you're clearing it, other users' preferences can
override the system, according to the way I read their blurb when I
first started with them a decade ago. I very rarely have stuff
incorrectly put into the spam bin.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/15/2013 2:12 PM, John Williamson wrote:

The BT spam filter uses info from all users to decide what's spam and
what isn't. Even if you're clearing it, other users' preferences can
override the system, according to the way I read their blurb when I
first started with them a decade ago. I very rarely have stuff
incorrectly put into the spam bin.

I can (just barely) tolerate non-spam being repeatedly dumped into the
spam filter - what really irritates the h*** out of me, is when messages
silently disappear, without even making it as far as the spam filter.
That happened with my mail from AmEx - I only found out about when
checking the AmEx website at bill-paying time. There were some others
that I know of - but who knows what else may have gone missing?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

S Viemeister wrote:
On 1/15/2013 2:12 PM, John Williamson wrote:

The BT spam filter uses info from all users to decide what's spam and
what isn't. Even if you're clearing it, other users' preferences can
override the system, according to the way I read their blurb when I
first started with them a decade ago. I very rarely have stuff
incorrectly put into the spam bin.

I can (just barely) tolerate non-spam being repeatedly dumped into the
spam filter - what really irritates the h*** out of me, is when messages
silently disappear, without even making it as far as the spam filter.
That happened with my mail from AmEx - I only found out about when
checking the AmEx website at bill-paying time. There were some others
that I know of - but who knows what else may have gone missing?

I've had a couple bounced from some servers to my address, but the
sender has always had a notification and contacted me via my other
address. I've also had stuff from my BT mailbox to other servers
bounced, but it's no worse than my other server.

When I investigated, it turned out to be a blacklisting by BT of the
servers or vice versa due to excessive spam being sent from them.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/13 19:48, S Viemeister wrote:
On 1/15/2013 2:12 PM, John Williamson wrote:

The BT spam filter uses info from all users to decide what's spam and
what isn't. Even if you're clearing it, other users' preferences can
override the system, according to the way I read their blurb when I
first started with them a decade ago. I very rarely have stuff
incorrectly put into the spam bin.

I can (just barely) tolerate non-spam being repeatedly dumped into the
spam filter - what really irritates the h*** out of me, is when messages
silently disappear, without even making it as far as the spam filter.
That happened with my mail from AmEx - I only found out about when
checking the AmEx website at bill-paying time. There were some others
that I know of - but who knows what else may have gone missing?

well yes.

I know if I care, what emails my server rejects.

Essentially those for unknown people in my domains, and from IP
addresses registered as spambots with spamhaus.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/15/2013 3:01 PM, John Williamson wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
[...]

And this is why I maintain more than one account!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Williamson
writes
bert wrote:
In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 1/14/2013 1:47 PM, bert wrote:

[...]

I think it's changed just a little bit since then.
--
bert

E-mailing to group dave Home Repair 2 December 4th 06 02:58 PM
alt-hvac Yahoo! mailing list. Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 July 4th 06 09:08 PM
E-Mailing PDF files. Dani Electronics Repair 7 April 4th 06 12:09 AM
OT - mailing list for bicycles? Timothy Murphy UK diy 6 November 11th 05 08:01 PM
Where can I purchase a mailing list? [email protected] Home Ownership 3 February 22nd 05 01:40 AM