Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default For Anna

Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Ooops

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/12 20:33, polygonum wrote:
On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Ooops

The mind boggles ! ;-)

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2012 20:38, Andy Cap wrote:
On 21/12/12 20:33, polygonum wrote:
On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Ooops

The mind boggles ! ;-)

Andy C

One reason I have preferred having email and news separate!

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It would take more than Anna to distract me from Lindt's Dark
Chocolate with Hazelnuts. The best choc you can buy.

:-( Can't get it round here though ...

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 20:25:35 +0000, polygonum
wrote:

Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Try the wasabi version - it's horrible :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2012 02:13, Clive George wrote:
On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Try the wasabi version - it's horrible :-)

Agreed - hint of vaguely wasabi-like something. If you are going to add
wasabi, it should be strong enough to have some of the mouth and nose
impact of the real thing.

In their 100 gr large, flat bar range, I do not care for any of the
flavoured versions save for the sea-salt one (nor any of the milk
chocolate versions, at all).

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2012 09:26, polygonum wrote:
On 22/12/2012 02:13, Clive George wrote:
On 21/12/2012 20:25, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Try the wasabi version - it's horrible :-)

Agreed - hint of vaguely wasabi-like something. If you are going to add
wasabi, it should be strong enough to have some of the mouth and nose
impact of the real thing.

In their 100 gr large, flat bar range, I do not care for any of the
flavoured versions save for the sea-salt one (nor any of the milk
chocolate versions, at all).

Meant also to say, it sometimes appears that they use a different base
chocolate for the flavoured bars - they all seem somehow slightly less nice.

And if Waitrose still did it, I would have put the Valrhona ahead of
Lindt - and everyone else (it looks like they have stopped carrying the
company's products).

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 2012-12-21, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate

Yuk.

I like Milk Choccy, but I find most insipid. Even G&B is only 37%(?)
cocoa. Where do I get milk choccy with 50% cocoa?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-12-21, polygonum wrote:
Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate

Yuk.

I like Milk Choccy, but I find most insipid. Even G&B is only 37%(?)
cocoa. Where do I get milk choccy with 50% cocoa?

Lidl Bellarom Creamy Chocolate is 45% - but not tried it so cannot vouch
for it in any way. But their hazelnut creamy chocolate is pretty darned
good - cannot remember if that is Bellarom or another label. Actually -
a bit too creamy and sweet for my taste but appreciate it.

The Lindt Hazelnut dark in 150g bars has the best hazelnuts in any
chocolate I can remember.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:44:17 +0000, polygonum
wrote:

On 22/12/2012 11:35, GB wrote:

I like Milk Choccy, but I find most insipid. Even G&B is only 37%(?)
cocoa. Where do I get milk choccy with 50% cocoa?

I suspect the general consensus among chocolatiers would be, as it is
with me: If you like milk chocolate, you don't really like 'proper'
chocolate at all. Hence the lack of strong milk chocolate.

Personally I can't stand milk chocolate. To me it's like instant
coffee when compared with real, like tea-bags rather than pot-made
tea, like canned soup compared with home-made, like white-sliced
'Kleenex tissue' bread compared with a wholemeal or granary loaf:
insipid and foul.

The Lindt Hazelnut dark in 150g bars has the best hazelnuts in any
chocolate I can remember.

Seconded. The co-op also do an own brand fairtrade version, which,
though good, is not as nice as the Lindt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 22/12/2012 11:35, GB wrote:

I like Milk Choccy, but I find most insipid. Even G&B is only 37%(?)
cocoa. Where do I get milk choccy with 50% cocoa?

I suspect the general consensus among chocolatiers would be, as it is
with me: If you like milk chocolate, you don't really like 'proper'
chocolate at all. Hence the lack of strong milk chocolate.

Personally I can't stand milk chocolate. To me it's like instant
coffee when compared with real, like tea-bags rather than pot-made
tea, like canned soup compared with home-made, like white-sliced
'Kleenex tissue' bread compared with a wholemeal or granary loaf:
insipid and foul.

The Lindt Hazelnut dark in 150g bars has the best hazelnuts in any
chocolate I can remember.

Seconded. The co-op also do an own brand fairtrade version, which,
though good, is not as nice as the Lindt.

Lidl have a range of German chocolate. I like Ritter Sport, usually found
in small bars (100g) but Lidl have giant bars (250g) at less than twice
then price of the small ones. Just shows how the pound has fallen the
small bars were 80p 5 years ago, now £1.40 in our local shop.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2012 17:46, charles wrote:
wrote:

On 22/12/2012 11:35, GB wrote:

[...]

Yes - the large Ritters are a decent price in Lidl, but none is plain
chocolate.

--
Rod