Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Should I relocatr the thermostat?

Rather than try and desribe the room I have linked to a plan (not too
scale) of the rooms concerned, location of radiators and thermostat.

The question is should I locate the thermo elsewhere as it sits almost
above one of the radiators, I could probably locate it in the hallway
quite easily as its just the other side of the wall. All radiators have
TRVs.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/scudo/room.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 10, 7:05*pm, ss wrote:
Rather than try and desribe the room I have linked to a plan (not too
scale) of the rooms concerned, location of radiators and thermostat.

The question is should I locate the thermo elsewhere as it sits almost
above one of the radiators, I could probably locate it in the hallway
quite easily as its just the other side of the wall. *All radiators have
TRVs.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/scudo/room.jpg

Thermostat needs to be on inner wall, out of sunlight, out of
draughts, in the place you use the most (living room?), not close to
radiators/other heat sources, around 1200mm from the floor. With a
tamperproof setting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 11, 9:14*am, harry wrote:
On Dec 10, 7:05*pm, ss wrote:

Rather than try and desribe the room I have linked to a plan (not too
scale) of the rooms concerned, location of radiators and thermostat.

The question is should I locate the thermo elsewhere as it sits almost
above one of the radiators, I could probably locate it in the hallway
quite easily as its just the other side of the wall. *All radiators have
TRVs.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/scudo/room.jpg

Thermostat needs to be on inner wall, out of sunlight, out of
draughts, in the place you use the most (living room?), not close to
radiators/other heat sources, around 1200mm from the floor. *With a
tamperproof setting.

Harry - you are laying down the law again and making yourself look
silly.

If you had said "In my experience blah-de-blah", then fine, but my
experience in possibly a different house layout to yours, is quite the
opposite in terms of the where the controller is. And that's the
point that one of the posters is making about having a wireless one -
you need to experiment to see which is the best place for your house.

In my case I did have the thermostat in the living room and because
its temperature is influenced by solar gain, a wood burning stove if
the sitting room door is open, people and the cooker, the thermostat
went off too early for the rest of the house.

I moved the thermostat to a cool back corridor, rebalanced everything,
put TRV's on the living room radiators, and the system is near enough
perfect.

That's my experience - Oh and it's 2m above the floor !

Can a Remote Control Thermostat replace My Existing Thermostat? [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 22nd 10 05:42 PM
Help with an old thermostat [email protected] Home Repair 5 April 8th 07 02:35 AM
Thermostat Steven Home Repair 27 February 16th 07 01:24 PM
thermostat Robert Home Repair 5 July 21st 06 04:28 PM
HD thermostat Martin Home Repair 1 September 27th 05 03:52 PM