Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What happened to Saunier Duval?

My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still ok.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:

My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still ok.

Diverter valve or associated electrics.
Slight possibility of a blocked heat exchanger, but unlikely.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2012 19:58, A.Lee wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:

My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still ok.

Diverter valve or associated electrics.
Slight possibility of a blocked heat exchanger, but unlikely.

Forgot to mention that water coming out is warmish, not mains-cold.

Also, the boiler seems to switch to hot water when it should - I hear
something switching inside as usual, and the display changes to hot
water "mode" - i.e. water pressure. assume this the Diverter valve is
ok then?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:

On 06/12/2012 19:58, A.Lee wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:

My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still ok.

Diverter valve or associated electrics.

Forgot to mention that water coming out is warmish, not mains-cold.

Also, the boiler seems to switch to hot water when it should - I hear
something switching inside as usual, and the display changes to hot
water "mode" - i.e. water pressure. assume this the Diverter valve is
ok then?

No, that pretty much confirms that the diverter valve is not
opening/closing correctly.
If you can DIY, they sell a kit to change the internal seals of the
valve, or, you can buy a new valve. No idea of the valve cost, but the
repair kits are £10 - 30ish.
Any decent merchants should be able to get them in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2012 20:29, A.Lee wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:

On 06/12/2012 19:58, A.Lee wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tip.

Don't think that I will try it myself - happy to DIY pretty much
everything apart from plumbing and plastering...

I think the expansion vessel is not happy either - had some problem with
pressure dropping last year, had it re-pressurised then, but still
pressure dropping slowly, so may need replacing now.

Also a few drops under the boiler once every few weeks - nothing
serious, and no logical explanation, but I suppose it is time to have it
look into as well now.

Thanks again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

JoeJoe wrote:
My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still
ok.

ISTR Valliant bought Saunier Duval (I could be wrong). I am sure someone on
this group can email you a manual if you give the model no.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
JoeJoe wrote:
My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still
ok.

ISTR Valliant bought Saunier Duval (I could be wrong). I am sure someone on
this group can email you a manual if you give the model no.

I now have access to manuals for virtually every boiler

Saunier Duval are now part of Glowworm and use a lot of glowworm parts

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:
My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still
ok.

A part of Glow Worm/Vaillant:
http://www.glowcare.co.uk/saunier-duval-boilers/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2012 20:09, Doctor Drivel wrote:
JoeJoe wrote:
My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still
ok.

A part of Glow Worm/Vaillant:
http://www.glowcare.co.uk/saunier-duval-boilers/

Thanks. Spoke to them - only covering North of England (I am in Scotland).

They gave me the relevant contact details though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
JoeJoe wrote:
My combi boiler, installed around 6 years ago, failed earlier. Heating
still works fine, but no hot water. It give a second or two of hot
water, and then just cold.

Tried to get hold of a manual or a customer service (to locate someone
to repair), and their website (.co.uk) is all but gone... I am sure it
was there last time I checked (could be a year or two ago).

Any idea what is going on?

Also, any idea what to look for with the boiler? Pressure is still
ok.

A part of Glow Worm/Vaillant:
http://www.glowcare.co.uk/saunier-duval-boilers/

Thanks. Spoke to them - only covering North of England (I am in Scotland).

They gave me the relevant contact details though.

They have dropped selling Saunier Duval in the UK. Some models were
rebadged Glow Worm/Vaillants.

Saunier Duval spares? PeterK UK diy 5 April 5th 07 07:51 PM
Saunier Duval SD620F Combi Fentoozler UK diy 1 June 4th 06 11:13 PM
Saunier Duval 620 combination boiler pegan Home Repair 3 February 21st 06 07:52 PM
Saunier Duval THELIA 23 problem UK diy 4 November 29th 04 05:32 PM
Saunier Duval 623 Boiler timer ITguy_uk UK diy 6 November 17th 04 08:21 PM