Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of moving a consumer unit

I've received a quote from an electrician to move a consumer unit (a distance of less than a metre). He's quoted £335.00, including a contingency of £100 to extend or re-route one or two cables. Does this seem a reasonable sum? He suggests it will be about a day on-site; I can't see that any materials will be required beyond half a dozen screws and wall plugs, and a metre or so of cable. I'm not a cheapskate or anything by the way!