Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default small engineering firms SW or central Scotland?

I've got a couple of worn out suspension pins in an old Giant MTB frame and
it's beginning to look like it might be easier to get someone to make new
parts that source them from the manufacturer.

It's not a complicated piece and wouldn't have thought that it would take
more than a few minutes on a lathe. Has anyone done anything like this?
What kind of engineering firms should I be looking for for such a
relatively small piece of work?

Can anybody recommend a firm local (ish) to me (Ayr).

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 10:27*pm, Tim+
wrote:
I've got a couple of worn out suspension pins in an old Giant MTB frame and
it's beginning to look like it might be easier to get someone to make new
parts that source them from the manufacturer.

It's not a complicated piece and wouldn't have thought that it would take
more than a few minutes on a lathe. *Has anyone done anything like this?
What kind of engineering firms should I be looking for for such a
relatively small piece of work?

Can anybody recommend a firm local (ish) to me (Ayr).

Tim

I'm over near Livingston and I'm sure if I asked around locally I
would find someone to do that, and would have thought that every town
or community of towns would have such an engineering works.

Unless the steel is something exotic, another source would be a local
model engineering club.

If you really do get stuck, and again if the steel is nothing
particularly special, I have a Myford 7 lathe that would cope with
such a task, but I would either need the piece parts to copy or a
fairly good drawing.

Cheers
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 11/10/2012 22:46, robgraham wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:27 pm,
wrote:
[...]

And again if you are really stuck this based in Falkirk.
http://www.jemengines.co.uk/