Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drawer Sliders

In the course of investigating fitting a new gas hob, I need to remove
the drawer immediately below it. The drawer opens on smooth running
sliders one each side, with an end stop.

The question is how to override the end stops?

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to
the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

The units were from Magnet, around 16 years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capn Nemo wrote:
In the course of investigating fitting a new gas hob, I need to remove
the drawer immediately below it. The drawer opens on smooth running
sliders one each side, with an end stop.

The question is how to override the end stops?

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to
the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

The units were from Magnet, around 16 years ago.

Most do have some sort of release catch or you have to lift the drawer
body at the end of the travel to get a roller to go over the top of the
stop.
I do have a desk here that has neither of the above and the runner has
to be be unscrewed from the drawer box when it is fully extended.

hth

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:37:07 +0100, Capn Nemo
wrote:

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to
the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

Quite often it is a flexible piece of plastic near the front of the
runner, you press upwards and that releases the draw. Not at all
obvious when you look at it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2012 15:48, Bob Minchin wrote:
Capn Nemo wrote:
In the course of investigating fitting a new gas hob, I need to remove
the drawer immediately below it. The drawer opens on smooth running
sliders one each side, with an end stop.

The question is how to override the end stops?

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to
the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

The units were from Magnet, around 16 years ago.

Most do have some sort of release catch or you have to lift the drawer
body at the end of the travel to get a roller to go over the top of the
stop.
I do have a desk here that has neither of the above and the runner has
to be be unscrewed from the drawer box when it is fully extended.

hth

Bob

Thanks Bob.

The two drawers below the top one are different and readily removable
via lift-out sliders. With those drawers removed, laid out flat on me
back with me head in the kitchen unit with the aid of a torch*, I've
been able get a better view. The rear of each slider is attached via a
bracket to the back of the drawer with two screws. There is another
screw accessible attaching the slider to the side of the drawer.

It looks like there is no way to release the slider mechanism so I need
to remove the screws that attach the drawer to slider - i.e. similar to
your desk drawer. Problem solved.

* =flashlight for any Yanks reading.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

No release catch or whatever is visible on the inside of the drawers, to
the rear, or underneath. Can't see how/what could release it.

Quite often it is a flexible piece of plastic near the front of the
runner, you press upwards and that releases the draw. Not at all
obvious when you look at it.

But because both sliders are the same, but mounted the opposite way up
from each other, you push one UP and the other DOWN.
--
Cheers,
Roger