Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Good quality ark kits, where please?

Subject is the post!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/
http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/
http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

http://www.noahspigarks.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/

http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

He's probably looking for the full-sized version considering the weather.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/

http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

He's probably looking for the full-sized version considering the weather.

What weather?

Not exactly blowing or raining here.

SteveW

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/

http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

He's probably looking for the full-sized version considering the weather.

What weather?

Not exactly blowing or raining here.

SteveW

Peeing down here all day and today's papers carry headlines of flooding
elsewhere, high winds, etc.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

All you need is a decent DC supply and a couple of carbon rods. ;-)

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
SteveW wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/

http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

He's probably looking for the full-sized version considering the
weather.

What weather?

Not exactly blowing or raining here.

SteveW

Peeing down here all day and today's papers carry headlines of flooding
elsewhere, high winds, etc.

I know everyone is saying that its terrible and vile, but it just isn't.

Wife's been on weather sites, there's bands of rain sweeping around a
moderate depression but really, its nothing special.

The worst actual issue has been spray on te M1 or summink. I mean
really? spray on the M1!

SteveW

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
SteveW wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

what sort or ark did Sir have in mind?

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...ft-set-a50070/

http://www.johnlewis.com/231015350/Product.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giant-Noahs-...8491387&sr=1-8

He's probably looking for the full-sized version considering the
weather.

What weather?

Not exactly blowing or raining here.

SteveW

Peeing down here all day and today's papers carry headlines of
flooding elsewhere, high winds, etc.

I know everyone is saying that its terrible and vile, but it just isn't.

Wife's been on weather sites, there's bands of rain sweeping around a
moderate depression but really, its nothing special.

The worst actual issue has been spray on te M1 or summink. I mean
really? spray on the M1!

Okay, it's from the Daily Wail so to be taken with a pinch of salt, but:

"Environment Agency issues 22 flood warnings and 122 alerts - many in
Midlands and Devon and Somerset
Strongest winds forecast in the North East and parts of Scotland
Many areas will have 20-40mm of rain but some will see up to 80mm
(three inches)
Pennines to see the heaviest rainfall and communities are being urged
to brace themselves
Roads in Somerset, Dorset and Cheshire underwater leaving many drivers
marooned
River Yeo at its highest ever levels - 500mm higher than normal
Trains cancelled or delayed around the Bristol area as rainwater
floods the tracks"

And around here (Gt. Manchester) it's not bad, but we are suffering
roads 5" deep in water where the drain can't cope.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:
SteveW wrote:
SteveW wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

[...]

Except that it simply IS NOT

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...stationId=3071

Trains cancelled or delayed around the Bristol area as rainwater floods
the tracks"

And around here (Gt. Manchester) it's not bad, but we are suffering
roads 5" deep in water where the drain can't cope.

so nothing unusual there, then?

SteveW

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

I trust that is not some kind of code?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

And I have just finished it. And lots of volunteers (including people just
passing by) helped move everything upstairs before I turned off the power
and bagged off the only door to the place.

This door

http://goo.gl/maps/4lyEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHmM0AOY1o&t=1m35s

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

I trust that is not some kind of code?

No. See my next post.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2012 14:42, fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

We are not supposed to have bad weather down here! It's supposed to be
up narf!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

I trust that is not some kind of code?

No. See my next post.

Saw it ta, well done. Why on earth did the daft buggers build it in the
middle of a river :-?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 24/09/2012 14:42, fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

We are not supposed to have bad weather down here! It's supposed to be
up narf!

It does sort of get you used to it. The trees get used to it too,
growing up in windy area seems to encourage them to send out wider and
deeper roots making them more resistant to stormy weather.

I was working down in jessie land when the last proper blow happened a
couple of decades ago and drove around the fallen trees on the road to
get to work but they'd closed the site until they checked all the
buildings for structural damage.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in
Darton:-(
I trust that is not some kind of code?

No. See my next post.

Saw it ta, well done. Why on earth did the daft buggers build it in
the middle of a river :-?

Should I tell the Scout leader that I used 3 tubes of silicon sealant around
the edges of door before bagging it up?

Dunno if the silicon will help if the Dearne floods but the sealant was in
my van and is as cheap as chips.

They will not be able to open the door when it sets.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2012 13:53, Broadback wrote:
Subject is the post!

Bit moist round your way I take it? ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Its not raining THAT hard

construction details here

http://monologues.co.uk/3Hapence.shtml

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , SteveW
writes
"Environment Agency issues 22 flood warnings and 122 alerts - many in
Midlands and Devon and Somerset
Strongest winds forecast in the North East and parts of Scotland
Many areas will have 20-40mm of rain but some will see up to 80mm
(three inches)
Pennines to see the heaviest rainfall and communities are being urged
to brace themselves
Roads in Somerset, Dorset and Cheshire underwater leaving many drivers
marooned
River Yeo at its highest ever levels - 500mm higher than normal
Trains cancelled or delayed around the Bristol area as rainwater
floods the tracks"

And around here (Gt. Manchester) it's not bad, but we are suffering
roads 5" deep in water where the drain can't cope.

OK while I'm on a run with Marriot Edgar and Lancashire, take heed

http://monologues.co.uk/Runcorn_Ferry.shtml

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

Just on my way to start sandbagging at the Scout hut in Darton:-(

You did say SAND bagging ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , fred writes
In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 24/09/2012 14:42, fred wrote:
In article , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Southern jesssie :-!

We are not supposed to have bad weather down here! It's supposed to be
up narf!

It does sort of get you used to it. The trees get used to it too,
growing up in windy area seems to encourage them to send out wider and
deeper roots making them more resistant to stormy weather.

I was working down in jessie land when the last proper blow happened a
couple of decades ago

Working?

I flew in from germany - landed about 9pm

I reckon there were more than a few stained seats on that flight

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:53:51 +0100, Broadback wrote:

Subject is the post!

That shop from Open All Hours... you know, Arkwright's...
:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:04:52 +0100, ARW wrote:
Should I tell the Scout leader that I used 3 tubes of silicon sealant
around the edges of door before bagging it up?

Dunno if the silicon will help if the Dearne floods but the sealant was
in my van and is as cheap as chips.

Yebbut the downside is that you can't eat it, unlike chips.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2012 23:36, geoff wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Subject is the post!

Its not raining THAT hard

construction details here

http://monologues.co.uk/3Hapence.shtml

I am happy that I started this thread, it was well worth Geoff's
contribution. LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Should I tell the Scout leader that I used 3 tubes of silicon sealant
around the edges of door before bagging it up?

Dunno if the silicon will help if the Dearne floods but the sealant was in
my van and is as cheap as chips.

I'm sure the Scoutmaster is used to prying his way into places that are not
supposed to be entered. It's in the training isn't it?

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SteveW wrote:

And around here (Gt. Manchester) it's not bad, but we are suffering
roads 5" deep in water where the drain can't cope.

so nothing unusual there, then?

Flooding is nature's way of telling the council which drains need hoovering
out...

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:40:00 +0100, fred wrote:

I was working down in jessie land when the last proper blow happened a
couple of decades ago and drove around the fallen trees on the road

I noticed a lot of the trees that had been blown over were the trees
left after the edge trees had been cut down for building site
clearance, many years ago.
As a result, the root systems of these remaining trees had never been
developed enough to resist stormy weather and blow-over was
inevitable.
The edge trees, that no longer existed, were a lot stronger under the
ground. They provided protection to the rest.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's 25th September, and we've had almost a month's worth
of rain so far this month!

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It's 25th September, and we've had almost a month's worth
of rain so far this month!

JGH

Our 4 local reservoirs (Bewl, Darwell, Powdermill and Weir Wood) are way
above normal levels:

http://www.southernwater.co.uk/Envir...voirLevels.asp

If you look at Bewl, April-August you can see it is constantly filling, not
emptying as it usually does.

Because there is a couple of weeks delay on the graph, you can mentally add
an uptick onto the end of the red line because it's been ****iing it down
for a week!

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
It's 25th September, and we've had almost a month's worth
of rain so far this month!

Golly.

Rain comes in lumps?

There's a new theory (at least I only saw it on Horizon/iplayer yesterday)
that says that it may have been the case that most of the Earth's water came
from ice asteroids (that's new) and comets crashing into it...

Lumpy enough?

That will do nicely sir.

I bet one of them would set off a new ice age allright.

Have you seen that apparently they have discovered where the other half
of the galaxy's mass is? a million degree cloud of dust and gas....

http://io9.com/5946052/milky-way-gal...e-hot-gas-halo

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

It's 25th September, and we've had almost a month's worth
of rain so far this month!

Golly.
Rain comes in lumps?
How strange.
I always thought it was a uniform drizzle throughout the year!

http://what-if.xkcd.com/12/

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2012 17:26, Owain wrote:
On Sep 25, 10:37 am, Tim Watts wrote:
Flooding is nature's way of telling the council which drains need hoovering
out...

I got my front gulley sucked last Thursday.

Owain

There's no answer to that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:26:38 -0700 (PDT), Owain
wrote:

On Sep 25, 10:37*am, Tim Watts wrote:
Flooding is nature's way of telling the council which drains need hoovering
out...

I got my front gulley sucked last Thursday.

Was it your birthday?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:26:38 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:

Flooding is nature's way of telling the council which drains need
hoovering out...

I got my front gulley sucked last Thursday.

Oh there's a surprise, I always assumed you was a bloke.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Owain writes
On Sep 24, 9:32*pm, fred wrote:
Saw it ta, well done. Why on earth did the daft buggers build it in the
middle of a river :-?

Sea Scouts?

I think they're all at it, trying to cross infinite voids using a couple
of barrels, planks and a length of rope. Maybe someone was looking for
an extra bit of reality?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .