Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone in here in Aberdeenshire?

Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in the
middle of.
--
Dave Baker

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave Baker
writes
Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in the
middle of.

I'm in Aberdeenshire, but a little south of you. Cold this morning!
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:36:04 +0100, News wrote:

Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in
the middle of.

I'm in Aberdeenshire, but a little south of you. Cold this morning!

Cold a good deal further south just into England as well but not quite as
nippy as the night before last, didn't quite get an air frost (0.4C min)
but there was a hefty ground frost and a lighter one this morning.

I'll be up in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks for the day.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 23, 2:45*am, "Dave Baker" wrote:
Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in the
middle of.
--
Dave Baker

That should be a good culture shock ! You'll be in for a dose of the
Dorics then.

Retirement or work?

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Baker wrote:
Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in
the middle of. -- Dave Baker

Hi Dave, can you drop me an email - observe spam trap in sig. I thought I
did have yours, but can't find it.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes

Cold a good deal further south just into England as well but not quite as
nippy as the night before last, didn't quite get an air frost (0.4C min)
but there was a hefty ground frost and a lighter one this morning.

A beautiful day here, today - and yesterday. This morning -2 fairly
early, but above freezing by the time I took the dog out. One of those
lovely bright crisp autumn mornings. Could really feel the heat of the
sun when it rose above the hills. Mornings like today remind me why I
love living up here, and have no particular desire to return south.

I'll be up in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks for the day.

I'm 45 miles due west.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote:

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes

It's ****ing it down again down south...

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Baker wrote:
Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new
contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in the
middle of.

I was in Tarland until last year. Welcome to the area, and wrap up warm

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 21:20:30 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

A beautiful day here, today - and yesterday. This morning -2 fairly
early, but above freezing by the time I took the dog out. One of
those lovely bright crisp autumn mornings. Could really feel the heat
of the sun when it rose above the hills. Mornings like today remind
me why I love living up here, and have no particular desire to return
south.

Not so nice up here to day, bit too windy and cool. I was thinking of
painting a wall but the temp wasn't really high enough, the wind made it
unpleasant then I looked at the rain radar.

It's ****ing it down again down south...

And saw that lot slowly making it's way up to us. It's not got here yet.

Should have done the wall yesterday when it was still and warm, unblocked
one of the drain pipes from the sunroof tray on the car instead. So
hopefully I will no longer get half a mug full of water cascading out of
roof when going round a corner. Not to mention buggering up the motor,
managed to resurect that from being full of rust, gunk and totally seized
after finding that they cost a couple of hundred quid!

--
Cheers
Dave.