Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC 4 replay not working

Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the Genome'
which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I did
that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the Genome'
which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I did
that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Flash is crap?

Try firefox

It works for me anyway.

On Linux :-)

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the
Genome' which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I
did that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Works for me using Firefox 3.6.28 and on Internet Explorer 6 - using Windows
XP Home SP3.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cash wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the
Genome' which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I
did that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Works for me using Firefox 3.6.28 and on Internet Explorer 6 - using Windows
XP Home SP3.

Holy ****. Firefox is release 15 now..:-) Beta to 18..

Cash

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Cash wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the
Genome' which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so
I did that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt,
nothing whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Works for me using Firefox 3.6.28 and on Internet Explorer 6 - using
Windows XP Home SP3.

Holy ****. Firefox is release 15 now..:-) Beta to 18..

Cash

TNP,

Quite happy with the older versions (including Office 97 Pro [1]) -
especially as they work as I want them too.

I 'upgraded' to Windows 7 [2], when it first came out (bought Home Premium
versions for £80 from PC World for two computers) along with Office XP etc
just to be modern (and keep No1 son from nagging me - and took the lot off
and reverted back to my old systems after a fortnight). All the new stuff
now seems to be rather bloated and reliant on too many ribbons, needless
bells and whistles and mouse clicking to make them 'work' - and the last
time I tried Linux, I spent more time trying to get peripherals to work than
using the bloody OS and finally ditched it. Admittedly that was way back
around 2000/2002 and messing with it as part of a college project.

That's the trouble with being a bloody old fogey - you get used to the easy
life - such as DOS, Windows 3, 95, 98, NT and 2000 (I still occasionally use
95 and 98). vbg

[1] Went back to college for around five years just before and after I
retired, and managed to pick up a few qualifications in the use of both
software and hardware - along with the knack of where to hit the bloody
computer with a big 'ammer when all else fails :-)

[2] I didn't bother partaking in the 'joyful' experiences of Windows ME
and Vista.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think you need a fairly recent version of flash, but apart from that
sometimes it may say its there, but its not till the next day. However if
its definitely there, then I have no answer.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim Hawkins" wrote in message
Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the Genome'
which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I did
that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:

Can anyone throw any light ?

Only episode four is available, but that one works for me.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:25:32 +0100, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

Trying to listen to the Richard Dawkins series on 'The Age of the Genome'
which is available for replay on the BBC Radio 4 website.
I saw it needed Flash installed (to my Windows XP 32-bit MSIE), so I did
that.
It still does not work. When I click the 'Listen Now' prompt, nothing
whatever happens.

Can anyone throw any light ?

I use 'get_iplayer' instead.
--