Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Multi tools

Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 03:06:53 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

Bill

No idea on comparison between makes/models, but the blue Bosch GOP 250 Pro I
bought when it was on offer from Axminster seems to work well. Does a very
neat job on floorboards and putting 2 vents in a door was a doddle cf. using
drill and saw etc.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

Fein. But whether it's worth the extra cost to you I dunno. It's one of
those beautifully made tools that gives pleasure to handle even before you
use it. It also comes with a pretty solid case which might be important
for pro use - carrying it around.

Too late now - but the cordless one Aldi had a few months ago was
remarkable value for the odd job where cordless is needed.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 28, 3:07*am, Bill Wright wrote:
Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

Obviously the £500 Fein. If you're a tiler (doing odd-tile repairs at
least), this is worth having. I've got the £160 Fein, and I've managed
to wear it out and break it a couple of times. Both of these are
still cheap though in comparison to the tooling costs.

The Happy Shopper from Lidl is better than nothing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/12 03:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Any advice from owners as to which brand is best?

You haven't said what you're going to be using it for, or how frequently.
My green Bosch has survived 3 years of frequent DIY use, some of it
quite intense.
If I were a pro using it every day then I'd go for the Fein or the blue
Bosch. If I'd had a bit more cash when I bought mine I'd have gone for
the Fein, but the Bosch was on offer at a third of the price.
If you've got money to burn then I expect Festool do one.