Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone feeling Google-generous for humidistats?

What I want for the bathroom is
http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-13...ails_container
but (see previous thread) not made by Manrose.

Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about 20
years ago.

I want to have a combined humidistat/timer not built into the fan, so I can
have ducting with a fan part way along and just grilles in the bathroom
ceiling.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
What I want for the bathroom is
http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-13...ails_container
but (see previous thread) not made by Manrose.

Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about
20 years ago.

I want to have a combined humidistat/timer not built into the fan, so I
can have ducting with a fan part way along and just grilles in the
bathroom ceiling.

Any of these?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...s_2/index.html

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/XPXRH.html

I want to have a combined humidistat/timer not built into the fan, so I
can have ducting with a fan part way along and just grilles in the
bathroom ceiling.

You may find it simpler to add a separate run on timer.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"David WE Roberts" writes:
What I want for the bathroom is
http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-13...ails_container
but (see previous thread) not made by Manrose.

Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about 20
years ago.

I want to have a combined humidistat/timer not built into the fan, so I can
have ducting with a fan part way along and just grilles in the bathroom
ceiling.

Humidistats can be a mixed blessing. They can bring the fan on
when it's humid weather.

I think what I would try instead is a pipe stat on the hot water
feed to the bath/shower, set to switch-on when the pipe gets hot.
You get an automatic run-on timer, which is the length of time
the pipe takes to cool down. One possible failure here would be
if you run a hot bath and then spend ages in it (after the pipe
will have cooled down), but I only do this if I have a cold,
and I specifically don't want the high humidity cleared in this
case.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
What I want for the bathroom is
http://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-13...ails_container
but (see previous thread) not made by Manrose.

Can't find the Xpelair version I had installed in a previous house about
20 years ago.

I want to have a combined humidistat/timer not built into the fan, so I
can have ducting with a fan part way along and just grilles in the
bathroom ceiling.

Any of these?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...s_2/index.html

Ta
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/XPXRH.html
would be what I was looking for if it also had a timer :-)
Noted what John said about a seperate run on timer.