DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can I use wet-or-dry fine paper instead of a stone for honing chisels? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/344546-can-i-use-wet-dry-fine-paper-instead-stone-honing-chisels.html)

MM August 4th 12 07:32 AM

Can I use wet-or-dry fine paper instead of a stone for honing chisels?

The DMT stones are incredibly expensive, so I thought, why not use a
sheet of, say, 600 grit wet-or-dry - with soap and water - on a plate
glass sheet?

MM

harryagain August 4th 12 07:58 AM

"MM" wrote in message
The DMT stones are incredibly expensive, so I thought, why not use a
sheet of, say, 600 grit wet-or-dry - with soap and water - on a plate
glass sheet?

MM

Or why not use grinding paste on a plate glass sheet?
Or a bit of Vim/Cream cleaner/Tcut etc?

MM August 4th 12 09:19 AM

Can I use wet-or-dry fine paper instead of a stone for honing chisels?

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 07:49:15 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Google for scary-sharp

Whew! The things one doesn't know!

Cheers.

MM