Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Can I use wet-or-dry fine paper instead of a stone for honing chisels?

The DMT stones are incredibly expensive, so I thought, why not use a
sheet of, say, 600 grit wet-or-dry - with soap and water - on a plate
glass sheet?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MM" wrote in message
The DMT stones are incredibly expensive, so I thought, why not use a
sheet of, say, 600 grit wet-or-dry - with soap and water - on a plate
glass sheet?

MM

Or why not use grinding paste on a plate glass sheet?
Or a bit of Vim/Cream cleaner/Tcut etc?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 07:49:15 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Google for scary-sharp

Whew! The things one doesn't know!

Cheers.

MM