Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source of toroidal LV transformners?

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toroidal-2...item43aecb8769

Posted to uk.d-i-y

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

Encapsulated or open wound?
Rapidonline might have them under toroidal transformers.
(their stock holding is a bit patchy & RS is overpriced)

Or you could try their modern replacement - no idea if they are any good
or not:

http://www.thelightbulbshop.co.uk/Sh...ANSFORMER.aspx

I might have one lurking in the garage intended for halogen lamps.
Dunno what its rating is until I find it.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Brown wrote:

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

Encapsulated or open wound?
Rapidonline might have them under toroidal transformers.
(their stock holding is a bit patchy & RS is overpriced)

Oddly after I posted I remembered I had a spare one. I even remembered
where it was!!!

So I'll put that in.

What seems to have happened us that electronic ones are now half the
price of iron and copper ones,...so no one is making em any more!

Or you could try their modern replacement - no idea if they are any good
or not:

http://www.thelightbulbshop.co.uk/Sh...ANSFORMER.aspx

I might have one lurking in the garage intended for halogen lamps.
Dunno what its rating is until I find it.

Hang on to it.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

For LV lighting?

Any electrical wholesaler:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

--
*How's my driving? Call 999*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

For LV lighting?

Any electrical wholesaler:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

ah that is good

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLT50slash1.html
is as close as I need.

BUT the electronic ones are half the price these days, and often are
dimmable as well.

I prefer totoids when I can get em for lower RFI.

The problem arose because the original ones - Newey and Eyre NLLV50 -
are simply not stocked any more.

Copper prices have skyrocketed since I first installed them it seems -
then the prices were a fiver for either type: Now toroids have doubled.

Anyway I found a spare so that OK for the next ten years..

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:

What seems to have happened us that electronic ones are now half the
price of iron and copper ones,...so no one is making em any more!

That much?
They're often under 2 quid for the 20-60W ones...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:

What seems to have happened us that electronic ones are now half the
price of iron and copper ones,...so no one is making em any more!

That much?
They're often under 2 quid for the 20-60W ones...

And you don't need a new MCB if using a few. ;-)

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

For LV lighting?

Any electrical wholesaler:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

well I didn't even need my spare. Nothing wrong with the transformer.
just the mains wiring to it had been cut by something with very small
sharp teeth......

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:47:00 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know
where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

For LV lighting?

Any electrical wholesaler:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

well I didn't even need my spare. Nothing wrong with the transformer.
just the mains wiring to it had been cut by something with very small
sharp teeth......

http://indianhobbies.com/shop/images/xacto-saw.jpg ???

Nick