Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone here any good at animations?

I think I put too many charts in this one:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl.../the-centipede

Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

On 12/07/2012 04:10, Weatherlawyer wrote:
I think I put too many charts in this one:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl.../the-centipede

Off at a tangent, but Hans Rosling's presentations on TED are well worth
a look

Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

On Jul 12, 10:37*am, newshound wrote:
On 12/07/2012 04:10, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I think I put too many charts in this one:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl.../the-centipede

Off at a tangent, but Hans Rosling's presentations on TED are well worth
a look

What sort of a tangent?
A link might have been nice.

Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

newshound wrote:

Hans Rosling's presentations on TED are well worth a look

A link might have been nice.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen .html

The animations look better suited to a accompanying a presentation than
standing alone though ...
Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

On Jul 12, 3:11*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
newshound wrote:

Hans Rosling's presentations on TED are well worth a look

A link might have been nice.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_eve...

The animations look better suited to accompanying a presentation than
standing alone though ...

His efforts are the antithesis of mine. A statistician who could
create his own software vss someone who can't get The Gimp to handle a
40 sheet animation.

If anyone is interested in the use of statistics as a tool in
Meteorology, I'd suggest he looks at the paths of the recent
hurricanes off the American Pacific this year.

And consider the physics of water and thermal capacity of units such
as large vortices.

Who knows, maybe some giant egg-head could even use the said software
to get a result on this:

http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl.../12/hurricanes

Posted to sci.geo.earthquakes,uk.sci.weather,uk.d-i-y

On Jul 12, 10:37*am, newshound wrote:

Off at a tangent, but Hans Rosling's presentations on TED are well worth
a look

1252 and counting... TED Talks list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&hl=en#gid=0

Unfortunately, the details given on each subject is rather concise.
The line it is on stretches too far off the page to make comfortable
reading.

How long would it take to turn this resource into an encyclopaedia?

There must be a way to add a message on each one that would be easy to
click on. A Mouseover Message of some sort?