Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC free delivery

Not today...but a little bird tells me they'll be doing the WEBFREE thing
as from tomorrow.

That's free delivery on orders over £10.

So some people might want to wait a day...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes
Not today...but a little bird tells me they'll be doing the WEBFREE thing
as from tomorrow.

That's free delivery on orders over £10.

So some people might want to wait a day...

Ta Bob, as ever.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
Not today...but a little bird tells me they'll be doing the WEBFREE thing
as from tomorrow.

That's free delivery on orders over £10.

So some people might want to wait a day...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

What annoys me about CPC is that they are part of the Farnell Group, but as
a Farnell account holder who gets free shipping on any order of any value, I
can't get access to their inventory via the main Farnell site. I took this
up with them a while back, and was told that although they were part of the
same group, they traded as completely separate companies. Well, if that's
the case, how come their websites are absolutely identical to each other,
and often when I order stuff from Farnell, it comes in a CPC bag ... :-(

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just to confirm... the offer is on until 23:59 Friday.

As usual...free delivery on orders of £10 (excl. VAT) or more. Enter
WEBFREE in the comments box at checkout. Delivery/handling charge will
show at checkout but will be removed later, manually.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
Not today...but a little bird tells me they'll be doing the WEBFREE thing
as from tomorrow.

That's free delivery on orders over £10.

So some people might want to wait a day...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

What annoys me about CPC is that they are part of the Farnell Group, but
as a Farnell account holder who gets free shipping on any order of any
value, I can't get access to their inventory via the main Farnell site. I
took this up with them a while back, and was told that although they were
part of the same group, they traded as completely separate companies.
Well, if that's the case, how come their websites are absolutely identical
to each other,
and often when I order stuff from Farnell, it comes in a CPC bag ...
:-(

Arfa

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to both?
--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
writes

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to both?

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector'
:-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Arfa Daily" writes:

What annoys me about CPC is that they are part of the Farnell Group, but as
a Farnell account holder who gets free shipping on any order of any value, I
can't get access to their inventory via the main Farnell site. I took this
up with them a while back, and was told that although they were part of the
same group, they traded as completely separate companies. Well, if that's
the case, how come their websites are absolutely identical to each other,

They are the same website (and Onecall). They just present you
with different items. You can't sign up with the same username on both,
as you'll find usernames have to be unique across them both.

$ getent hosts uk.farnell.com cpc.farnell.com onecall.farnell.com
83.100.177.198 uk.farnell.com
83.100.177.198 cpc.farnell.com
83.100.177.198 onecall.farnell.com
$

and often when I order stuff from Farnell, it comes in a CPC bag ... :-(

and the other way around too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Owain writes
On Jun 27, 11:15*am, fred wrote:
Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to both?

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector'
:-)

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/wh...es/foundation-
degree.html

I'd rather award an honorary degree to Arfa than eat a rubbery turd
burger from that particular establishment but I still think he may
struggle to meet the account requirements of Onecall, unless I've been
missing another sideline of his. I do try to pay attention but some
things do slip by.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Tim Watts
writes

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to
both?

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector'
:-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

If that refers to me, I don't run a burger joint - my wife and daughter do.
I run an electronic service business, which I've had for over 20 years ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

Never considered trying, as I wasn't aware that facility existed. Odd that
they didn't come up with it as a possibility, when I asked them about
dealing with both companies from the same account. I wonder if it actually
works for the 'type' of account that I now predominantly use, which is a
corporate credit card, rather than a monthly credit account, which I also
have, but rarely use ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Tim Watts
writes

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to
both?

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector'
:-)

If that refers to me, I don't run a burger joint - my wife and daughter do.
I run an electronic service business, which I've had for over 20 years ...

Calm down dear it wasn't a snipe, your skill set as previously reported
didn't appear to include working in an educational sector so I was
pointing out your apparent ineligibility for a Onecall account,
thassall.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Tim Watts
writes

Can't you switch your account to Onecall which is a combined front to
both?

Don't think running a burger joint counts as a 'Higher Education sector'
:-)

If that refers to me, I don't run a burger joint - my wife and daughter
do.
I run an electronic service business, which I've had for over 20 years ...

Calm down dear it wasn't a snipe, your skill set as previously reported
didn't appear to include working in an educational sector so I was
pointing out your apparent ineligibility for a Onecall account, thassall.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

No no Fred, I wasn't taking it as a snipe ! I was just a bit confused by the
way that you'd put it, and was just wondering if you'd remembered me from
when I was doing all the counter and stuff at the burger place, and figured
it must be me that ran it, which then didn't stack up with having the
Farnell account :-)

Can you believe that last night was its first anniversary ? The counter is
still standing, so I guess that I must have designed and built it right !
Still doing OK a year in. Wouldn't hurt for a bit more, but I guess we
should be glad that in the current economic climate, we are still able to
pry the customers away from their football, to come and buy our wares. Few
new flavours of burger and milkshakes gone on the menu, and you can now have
onion rings instead of chips. We had to redo the menus so that every single
item says "with chips". We originally had it in big letters at the top of
the menu and on the menu board inside. We then added a sign on the counter
and one in the window, both stating that all our burgers come with chips.
And still just about every person that came in asked if the could "get chips
with that" or "does it come with chips". I swear that they can't actually
read ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

was just wondering if you'd remembered me from
when I was doing all the counter and stuff at the burger place, and figured
it must be me that ran it, which then didn't stack up with having the
Farnell account :-)

I dunno, Farnell sell plenty of chips.

Or do you only sell fries?

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Tim Watts
writes

[...]

Yer right, it wasn't the clearest as I failed to post the link that said
only, 'higher education sector' clients were eligible!

[...]

Glad the counter is holding up (it looked a good job) and glad the
business is doing ok, we're in a similar position here (totally
different sector) and I have to remind the other parties that doing just
ok is damn good in this climate when others around are dropping like
flies.

Agreed, people do not read, the only suggestion I can make it to have a
huge pic of one of your burgers with fries in the window and prominent
text such as, 'All our burgers come with fries!'. Add one beside the
counter and point to it every time they ask, saying, 'they sure do' in
the nicest possible voice they can manage after the 50th time. Maybe if
the staff make a joke of it their mates will take the **** and it will
be the standing joke.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"D.M.Chapman" dmc@puffin. wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

was just wondering if you'd remembered me from
when I was doing all the counter and stuff at the burger place, and
figured
it must be me that ran it, which then didn't stack up with having the
Farnell account :-)

I dunno, Farnell sell plenty of chips.

Or do you only sell fries?

Darren

Oh wash your mouth out, Darren !! If you were to call my wife's chips
"fries", she'd toss you out on your arse. Our chips are just that - nice
chunky properly shaped "chips" - we do 'em with cheese or chilli or bacon
bits or any combination now, as well. And very popular they are, too :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Arfa Daily
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Tim Watts
writes

[...]

A couple of weeks back, they had a kid in who asked how much a milkshake
was. "£2.25" he was told. He muttered, and ordered nothing, just hanging
around by the counter. He then called them over again, and pointed to a sign
on the counter which has a large picture of a milkshake on it, and said "It
says on there that it's £1.50 ..." "Yes" they said "But it also says 'when
ordered with a burger' " Clearly, he had been able to recognise the picture,
and the amount of money, but been unable to read the rest.

It's a sad reflection on the state of education now in this country. One of
my daughters is home at the moment, and she has been watching that dreadful
Big Brother thing that's managed to resurrect itself on Channel 5. I caught
a bit last night, and I couldn't believe just how thick they all were. Not
just one or two. Not even some of them. But pretty much ALL of them. They
honestly haven't got a clue about anything at all. No wonder nobody wants to
employ kids any more.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

I dunno, Farnell sell plenty of chips.
Or do you only sell fries?

Oh wash your mouth out, Darren !! If you were to call my wife's chips
"fries", she'd toss you out on your arse. Our chips are just that - nice
chunky properly shaped "chips" - we do 'em with cheese or chilli or bacon
bits or any combination now, as well. And very popular they are, too :-)

Lol, fairy snuff. I'm liking the sound of your place I admit.

Put proper syrup cherry coke on the menu, and add gravy as an option on the
chips and I'll be tempted :-)

Shame you aren't a bit closer to folkestone!

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arfa Daily wrote:

I dunno, Farnell sell plenty of chips.
Or do you only sell fries?

Oh wash your mouth out, Darren !! If you were to call my wife's chips
"fries", she'd toss you out on your arse. Our chips are just that - nice
chunky properly shaped "chips" - we do 'em with cheese or chilli or bacon
bits or any combination now, as well. And very popular they are, too :-)

Lol, fairy snuff. I'm liking the sound of your place I admit.

Put proper syrup cherry coke on the menu, and add gravy as an option on
the
chips and I'll be tempted :-)

Shame you aren't a bit closer to folkestone!

Darren

A couple of the usual suspects on here have been in, I think. We don't
actually get asked too much for soft drinks, as the main attraction in that
regard is the 30 - odd types of milkshake on offer. We do of course keep
coke and 7 Up and indeed cherry coke - but only in tins. Gravy on chips
ain't popular in this neck of the woods. It's more a curry sauce sort of
area. But you can have the homemade chilli on 'em ! Not quite the same, I
know, but in the same ballpark ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-07-01, Arfa Daily wrote:

and indeed cherry coke

Gag, retch, barf. Vile, disgusting stuff.

It's Wimbledon. I want Strawberry Coke.....

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-07-01, Arfa Daily wrote:

and indeed cherry coke

Gag, retch, barf. Vile, disgusting stuff.

It's Wimbledon. I want Strawberry Coke.....

I suspect some of the bankers on corporate hospitality there actually
*have* strawberry coke...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:47:08 PM UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" writes:

[...]

It's confusing when you do get educationalm discounts too,

I'm looking for this product.. 76-3313010 (pack of 3)

CPC £6.72
Fanell without edu logon I get two otions

http://onecall.farnell.com/jsp/searc...questid=627289

farnell £6.72 or £8.88 same manufacture code differnt order code.

onecall edu discount £5.44 or £7.19 .

I did email once and ask them the differnce between (when going via onecall)
between the two prices, and tehy said we get less support buying the cheaper...
not sure I need 'special support', so I always go for the cheaper options