Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap insulation deals coming to an end

Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2012 11:41, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

B&Q seem to be the only ones with stock round here. At a quid a roll, it
can't last forever
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 May 2012 11:41:26 +0100
"David WE Roberts" wrote:

Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will
be needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

We had ours installed a few months ago, while it was still cold. 10"
insulation up there, free to us.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 24/05/2012 11:41, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

B&Q seem to be the only ones with stock round here. At a quid a roll, it
can't last forever

Just looked online and it seems to be £10 a roll for the subsidised stuff.
What brand was a quid a roll?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

You could buy loads and store it in the loft.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

You could buy loads and store it in the loft.

Thus giving a wierd sort of win/win :-)
That was the plan - buy ahead of need to ensure supply.
Can't remember how much the last lot we bought cost.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:41:26 AM UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

The Npower/buildbase deal seems one of the best if you need a lot - £3 a roll with free delivery. http://www.buildcenter.co.uk/promoti...loftinsulation

In our local branches it was actually discounted to £1 per roll, still with free delivery, but I don't know if it still is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"andrew" wrote in message
On Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:41:26 AM UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

*The Npower/buildbase deal seems one of the best if you need a lot - £3 a
roll with free delivery.
http://www.buildcenter.co.uk/promoti...loftinsulation

*In our local branches it was actually discounted to £1 per roll, still with
free delivery, but I don't know if it still is.

Thanks - unfortunately the postcode checker shows the nearest branch as
Norwich over 44 miles away (and that will be as the crow flies, not by
road).
I might feel a bit guilty over the non-Ecofriendly nature of getting free
delivery on a 100 mile round trip, always assuming that they will do it.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 May 2012 05:49:39 -0700 (PDT), andrew
wrote:

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:41:26 AM UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in December
but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

The Npower/buildbase deal seems one of the best if you need a lot - £3 a roll with free delivery. http://www.buildcenter.co.uk/promoti...loftinsulation

In our local branches it was actually discounted to £1 per roll, still with free delivery, but I don't know if it still is.

The nPower offer has been unavailable for many months

http://www.npower.com/Home/Energy-ef...tion/index.htm

"At present we are unable to offer DIY insulation but still have a
range of professional home insulation options available.

All existing sales will be honoured and should you have any questions
please contact Wolseley on 0845 270 8250."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2012 13:37, David WE Roberts wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 24/05/2012 11:41, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just Googling for when the cheap insulation deals are due to end.

I read that the new Green Deal starts in October and grants end in
December but could end sooner if the budget runs out.

So when will the sheds run out of subsidised rolls of loft insulation?
We might need to fill our boots whilst we have the chance as we will be
needing quite a bit in the next 6 months.

Cheers

Dave R

B&Q seem to be the only ones with stock round here. At a quid a roll,
it can't last forever

Just looked online and it seems to be £10 a roll for the subsidised stuff.
What brand was a quid a roll?

It was £3 per triple roll pack a few weeks ago, but that now appears to
be £10 (or £8 for the 100mm)