Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decked Out

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 May 2012 00:21:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of

Vesta Paella,

That was my favourite

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Decking's awfully awful

Great on a summer's day but a grey, slimy mess the other 360 days. It
also elevates its owners by a foot in height, usually without any
consideration for neighbours. On balance I think it will go down in
history with woodchip and Artex, but it's still a cheap solution
compared to digging out old concrete etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

Decking looks great when sprayed with WD40....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Which bit of the US, how high is the fence and what was between the
posts?

There are bits of the US were a 6x6 post would be snapped like a
match... Mind you unless you have to you don't build with that in
mind, just let it blow away and replace it afterwards.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

We won't be having decking.
We will be having a wooden verandah floor with a void under to allow air to
the ventilation bricks for the under-floor void.
Nicely flush with the internal floor levels.
We may, of course, be using readily available materials which are sometimes
used to construct decking........

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the
£20K budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of

Vesta Paella,

That was my favourite

Nah, Beef Curry (two).

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the
£20K budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of

Vesta Paella,

That was my favourite

Nah, Beef Curry (two).

Whatever happened to Sauterne and Beaujolais nouveau?

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. *6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

--
Frank Erskine

Just thinking what your thinking of were called `verandahs` , put on
after facing off the panel doors and boxing in the bannisters.

Remember as a kid helping my auntie burn her by then rickety
verandah , door facings and bannister boxings in the mid 70`s...

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-05-23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the
£20K budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of

Vesta Paella,

That was my favourite

Nah, Beef Curry (two).

Whatever happened to Sauterne and Beaujolais nouveau?

Vesta did wine?

(Seriously, they're both still available, just not fashionable any more.)

I found the curries tended to be a bit gooey - but perfectly edible (ate
loads of Vestas on caravanning hols as a kid - fridges in caravans were not
so common then).

I still like the "Beef" Risotto.

Didn't they do a Chicken Supreme once?

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-05-23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the
£20K budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!
Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of

Vesta Paella,
That was my favourite
Nah, Beef Curry (two).

Whatever happened to Sauterne and Beaujolais nouveau?

Vesta did wine?

(Seriously, they're both still available, just not fashionable any more.)

So are Vesta paella and beef curry.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 May 2012 00:21:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

I thought about it for our place (northern US) but the limited lifespan
has pretty much put me off; it seems like a lot of money to put into
something that just lasts a few decades. Stone and wrought iron fencing
is the current thinking, when I get the tuits together...

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

The materials are cheap here because most structures are built using
wood; I think it would probably be about $20 (12 quid) for a 12' 6x6" PT
post from a lumber yard. May as well build it strong...

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

Decking looks great when sprayed with WD40....

Probably even better when sprayed with petrol and a match applied...

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the £20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!
Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

Decking looks great when sprayed with WD40....

Probably even better when sprayed with petrol and a match applied...

+1

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-05-23, Tim Lamb wrote:

Whatever happened to Sauterne and Beaujolais nouveau?

Vesta did wine?

(Seriously, they're both still available, just not fashionable any more.)

At the top end, real Sauternes is probably more fashinoable than it was and commands seriously high prices (anyone for Ch d'Yquem??) - lower down the scale they've probably increased the proportion of dry wine that they make, and the people who used to make 'Spanish Sauterne' and similar now have to call it something else...
I haven't seen Beaujolais nouveau for years, if not decades - presumably they mostly just make ordinary Beaujolais now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 May 2012 09:15:21 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Vesta Paella,

That was my favourite

Oh that brings back memories, 'twas good.

Blue Nun.

Plus soda stream = "champagne"

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just been watching the first episode of the US TV show about decking.

Nothing I couldn't build, if I could only find the punters with the
£20K
budgets :-)

They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!
Decking's awfully awful, reminiscent of Vesta Paella, Black Forest
Gateau and Mateus Rosé.
Don't forget to make a table lamp with the empty bottle...

Decking looks great when sprayed with WD40....

Probably even better when sprayed with petrol and a match applied...

+1

Horses for courses. Beside a lake near Salzburg, it looks stunning. At
the back of a terraced house in an urban area, not quite the same.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2012 09:34, Dave Liquorice wrote:
They replaced a fence. 6" x 6" posts, into holes 4' deep!

I don't think that will fall down for a while!

Which bit of the US, how high is the fence and what was between the
posts?

There are bits of the US were a 6x6 post would be snapped like a
match... Mind you unless you have to you don't build with that in
mind, just let it blow away and replace it afterwards.

Sorry, it was Canada, don't know which bit http://www.hgtv.ca/deckedout/

Fence was about 6' with a small trellis on top. Alternate vertical
boards each side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...

Blue Nun.

Plus soda stream = "champagne"

Does Blue Nun taste that bad?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...

Blue Nun.

Plus soda stream = "champagne"

Does Blue Nun taste that bad?

How is your cheap white wine collection?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2012 11:09 Tim Watts wrote:

I still like the "Beef" Risotto.

+1

Got two in the cupboard at the moment.

It took ages to explain to a shelf stacker in Morrisons what it was when
I asked where to find it. I'm pretty sure they still don't know what it is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article
, F
news@nowhere wrote:
On 23/05/2012 11:09 Tim Watts wrote:

I still like the "Beef" Risotto.

+1

Got two in the cupboard at the moment.

It took ages to explain to a shelf stacker in Morrisons
what it was when I asked where to find it. I'm pretty
sure they still don't know what it is.

I had fond memories of 'Fray Bentos steak pie in a tin' but
when I came accross some recently and I tried it . . .Ughh

--
John Mulrooney

If you're born again, do you have two bellybuttons?