Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Micropore

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim Hawkins" wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Zoff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_4mcw7ezha1_e

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 4 May 2012 10:02:38 +0100, "Jim Hawkins"
wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/12 10:02, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Meths.

--
Bernard Peek

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You must have ahd military speck stuff then, as when I had an eye op they
used that stuff to stick a shroud over my eye, and it fell off three hours
later.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Jim Hawkins" wrote in message
m...
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or
two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

its only white spirit and mineral oil. White spirit on skin I wouldnt
recommend.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Thanks to all for the good suggestions - and for the laughs too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 4, 10:11*am, Tim wrote:
"Jim Hawkins" wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Zoff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...oghydr-21&inde...

Tim

White spirit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hawkins wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter things.

My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing and I soak the
cut in the bath every day.

I want a scar free heal and I will get one.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or
two becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

Not in mine.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter
things.

My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing

I heal up a lot quicker than that.

and I soak the cut in the bath every day.

I want a scar free heal

Why ? So it flexes better etc ?

and I will get one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a
day or two becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

Not in mine.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter
things.

My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing

I heal up a lot quicker than that.

Apart from the brain damage accident.

and I soak the cut in the bath every day.

I want a scar free heal

Why ? So it flexes better etc ?

That would be one good reason.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two becomes very difficult to peel off.

Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

Not in mine.

Or the doctor's either.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter
things.

My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing

I heal up a lot quicker than that.

and I soak the cut in the bath every day.

I want a scar free heal

Why ? So it flexes better etc ?

That would be one good reason.

I don’t find any of mine are any different to the surrounding flesh on that.

You do sometimes see some with a problem in that
regard, but that’s normally with severe burns, not cuts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

C'mon rodders, you recently intimated that you wouldn't use a plaster unless
you lost half an arm, at least.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 5, 1:20*am, "brass monkey" wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

And boasted abt some outback Brazilian using kitkat wrappers & a
BBQ....or was that somewhere else.....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
On May 5, 1:20 am, "brass monkey" wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

Nope.

or was that somewhere else.....

Must be, because that didn’t even show up in that particular thread at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

"I just apply pressure to the cut, hold
it above my head until the bleeding stops and then carry on
regardless and still dont bother with any plaster/bandage."

were the exact words.

And Brass Monkey, email me, I have a video for you .

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On May 5, 1:20 am, "brass monkey" wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

Rodders cooked dinner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSDFUAoKmxI

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

its only white spirit and mineral oil. White spirit on skin I wouldnt
recommend.

Mineral "oil" huh? So it is a lubricant....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
brass monkey wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ARWadsworth wrote
Jim Hawkins wrote

[...]

You have mail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSDFUAoKmxI

Ach, I miss that. And the Young Ones. And 'Allo 'Allo.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter
things.
My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing and I
soak the cut in the bath every day.

GASP - an electrician with a cut finger? Now that is a bloody miracle as
they don't do enough work to actually cause any damage to themselves - lazy
beggars!

And left totally speechless at the fact you "soak the cut in the bath every
day", again that's a rarity, an electrician getting dirty enough to have a
bath *every* day - the norm is usually once a month; whether they need one
or not.

Bloody prima donna's - one very big grin here!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Unbeliever wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:
[...]

The industrial response is that *most electricians can ****
millwrights*....

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Unbeliever wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Jim Hawkins wrote:
[...]

Yep, their arses are usually big enough to accomodate that - although to
speak of millwrights and electricians in the same post is an insult to the
millwrights though! vbg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Unbeliever wrote:

It's a bank holiday weekend You should be too ****ed to post:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 5, 9:14*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

its only white spirit and mineral oil. White spirit on skin I wouldnt
recommend.

Mineral "oil" huh? *So it is a lubricant....

Its nearly all white spirit, so not even much use as a lube.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote:

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day
or two
becomes very difficult to peel off.
Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

its only white spirit and mineral oil. White spirit on skin I wouldnt
recommend.

Mineral "oil" huh? *So it is a lubricant....

Its nearly all white spirit, so not even much use as a lube.

I cut 3 in 1 with white spirit for my bike chain. Not as good as
proprietary stuff but it works.