Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are there more rogues around these days?

Nospam wrote:
Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't recall being (knowingly) ripped-off
until this year.

And what about the staff that are on the take?

Theres one in a shop near me. When you are buying only one item she puts 5p
through the till manually instead of scanning the item and pockets the rest
for herself.

Not when I'm shopping there she doesn't:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2012 16:41, ARWadsworth wrote:
Nospam wrote:
Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't recall being (knowingly) ripped-off
until this year.

And what about the staff that are on the take?

Theres one in a shop near me. When you are buying only one item she puts 5p
through the till manually instead of scanning the item and pockets the rest
for herself.

Not when I'm shopping there she doesn't:-)

I'm selling something on Gumtree for £85, and some cheeky so and so
offered me £50 to take it off my hands. You can guess what my reply was.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2012 15:09, Bob H wrote:

I'm selling something on Gumtree for £85, and some cheeky so and so
offered me £50 to take it off my hands. You can guess what my reply was.

Nowt wrong with at least trying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob H
scribeth thus
Nospam wrote:
Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't recall being (knowingly) ripped-off
until this year.

And what about the staff that are on the take?

Theres one in a shop near me. When you are buying only one item she puts 5p
through the till manually instead of scanning the item and pockets the rest
for herself.

Not when I'm shopping there she doesn't:-)

I'm selling something on Gumtree for £85, and some cheeky so and so
offered me £50 to take it off my hands. You can guess what my reply was.

Well if no one else offered anymore and you needed to sell then thats
the amount you'll have to take.,

Just like a house is only worth what anyone will pay for it.

Not what the estate agent says it will....
--
Tony Sayer