Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has anyone here made a Curtal (Dulcian) or a Rackett?

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers of
such things (early woodwind) hang out.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:49:44 +0100, Nospam
wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers of
such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers of
such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

http://dulcians.org/makers.htm
Rcaketts..lots of recordings, no constructrs...

weird sounds eh? very woodwind..are these twin reeds like an oboe?

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers of
such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

Thanks for reminding me, Nick. It's time I joined them!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers
of such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

http://dulcians.org/makers.htm
Rcaketts..lots of recordings, no constructrs...

weird sounds eh? very woodwind..are these twin reeds like an oboe?

Yes, double reed. Racketts are a solid block of wood with 9 or 10
parallel holes connected to make one long hole! The holes are constant
bore in renaissance Racketts and conical in Baroque ones

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I made plenty of rackets in my time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers
of such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

http://dulcians.org/makers.htm
Rcaketts..lots of recordings, no constructrs...

weird sounds eh? very woodwind..are these twin reeds like an oboe?

Yes, double reed. Racketts are a solid block of wood with 9 or 10
parallel holes connected to make one long hole! The holes are constant
bore in renaissance Racketts and conical in Baroque ones

Fabulous. What a wonderful way to waste your life!

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers
of such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

http://dulcians.org/makers.htm
Rcaketts..lots of recordings, no constructrs...

weird sounds eh? very woodwind..are these twin reeds like an oboe?

Yes, double reed. Racketts are a solid block of wood with 9 or 10
parallel holes connected to make one long hole! The holes are constant
bore in renaissance Racketts and conical in Baroque ones

Fabulous. What a wonderful way to waste your life!

:-) There are certainly far worse ways, such as watching people chase or
hit balls of various shape, or watching other people live (waste?) their
real or imaginary lives every night on a screen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nospam wrote:
wrote:

If you've made one you'll know what they are :-)

I'm trying to find drawings, info, or discussion groups where makers
of such things (early woodwind) hang out.

You might take a look at these people:

http://www.fomrhi.org/

Nick

http://dulcians.org/makers.htm
Rcaketts..lots of recordings, no constructrs...

weird sounds eh? very woodwind..are these twin reeds like an oboe?

Yes, double reed. Racketts are a solid block of wood with 9 or 10
parallel holes connected to make one long hole! The holes are constant
bore in renaissance Racketts and conical in Baroque ones

Fabulous. What a wonderful way to waste your life!

:-) There are certainly far worse ways, such as watching people chase or
hit balls of various shape, or watching other people live (waste?) their
real or imaginary lives every night on a screen.

Oh absolutely.

I am so reminded of the Late George Harrison who appeared on the Friday
of a British Grand Prix and was interviewed overt te track PA

"George, what do ou th8ink of Formula One Motor Racing"

(Cue laconic Liverpudlian drawl)

"Oi think its a the most fabulous way of wasting money".

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
I Made Art J T Woodworking 7 November 30th 07 10:10 PM
How to clean a stain off a machine made or hand made rug reviberation Home Repair 1 June 21st 07 08:03 PM
How It's Made J T Woodworking 30 February 17th 07 01:28 AM
who made it? RB Electronics Repair 4 May 16th 05 12:43 AM