Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What a charmer

Today I needed a couple of these

http://www.screwfix.com/p/self-drill...k-of-100/39295

Nearest shop Travis Perkins.

They did not have them so I went to a independant hardware store a couple of
miles away.

He asked how many I wanted and said 50. He said "You can have 100 or
nothing, it's not worth my ****ing time going upstairs to fetch 50".

I agreed to buy 100. I only needed 10 but it would be nice to have some in
the van.

He then put 5 in the weighing scales and balanced out the rest into the
scoop. Threw the ones from the scales into the rest and said "That's £3.60".
Not even a please.

I have fallen in love with that shop. And I quite like the attitude of the
guy behind the counter. He was honest with his statement.

--
Adam