Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help! -caustic soda overdose.

On 18/02/2021 05:31, Geoff L wrote:
Remove as much water as you can pour in half a bottle of cooking oil it
will turn into a very caustic soap soft enough to wash down the drain
will take 1 to 2 days to work I had the same problem trying to clean up
a glass rolling pin

A neat idea, but how quickly does it work on a solid caustic blockage?
Would half a bottle be enough?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 21:43:34 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 18/02/2021 05:31, Geoff L wrote:
Remove as much water as you can pour in half a bottle of cooking oil it
will turn into a very caustic soap soft enough to wash down the drain
will take 1 to 2 days to work I had the same problem trying to clean up
a glass rolling pin

A neat idea, but how quickly does it work on a solid caustic blockage?
Would half a bottle be enough?

Time helps - maybe about nine years is long enough?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:

On 18/02/2021 05:31, Geoff L wrote:
Remove as much water as you can pour in half a bottle of cooking oil it
will turn into a very caustic soap soft enough to wash down the drain
will take 1 to 2 days to work I had the same problem trying to clean up
a glass rolling pin

A neat idea, but how quickly does it work on a solid caustic blockage?
Would half a bottle be enough?

(somehow or other) I was just on the dreaded Homownershub site (I must
have clicked a link here) (quite weird - dreamlike - to see the
familiar names from here, on there)

Anyway he said he'd fixed it:
"Yes, I have solved it! -it wasn't blocked in the first place, doh! I'd
just moved in and wasn't aware that shower tray had a 'Phlexiflow'
pumped waste. The problem was with the flow switches and/or the control
unit for the waste pump. "

Like all the other posts, this is marked "posted 4 years ago".

hth
J.

Caustic soda? David UK diy 8 April 9th 10 06:24 PM
Caustic Soda? The Medway Handyman UK diy 119 August 13th 08 01:37 PM
Caustic soda and drains? robgraham UK diy 5 January 25th 08 11:17 AM
Caustic soda OK for burnt pan? Lobster UK diy 62 September 9th 06 04:37 PM
Caustic Soda and plastic? ben UK diy 11 July 18th 05 12:14 PM