Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT That's all the stress and relief released.

After a hard weeks work (I worked all weekend) I would like to thank the
girlfriends neighbour for giving me the opportunity to get rid of my anger.

I just called at the gf's with a pizza to share and I could not get parked
ouside her house so I parked outside someone elses house. They came round
and knocked on the door and said "Can you move your van, I want to park my
car outside my house?"

I just went ballastic. "Well if I move the van you wouldn't be ****ing
wanting would you? So I am doing you a ****ing favour by parking the ****ing
van there. Now **** off off before I kick you up and down the ****ing
garden". I then did a bit of swearing and threatening behavior before he
left.

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:26:30 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

I just called at the gf's with a pizza to share and I could not get parked
ouside her house so I parked outside someone elses house. They came round
and knocked on the door and said "Can you move your van, I want to park my
car outside my house?"

I just went ballastic. "Well if I move the van you wouldn't be ****ing
wanting would you? So I am doing you a ****ing favour by parking the ****ing
van there. Now **** off off before I kick you up and down the ****ing
garden". I then did a bit of swearing and threatening behavior before he
left.

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

Well, quite - it's all a bit give and take in crowded streets and
eventually you get 'your' parking space back. No biggie, who really
cares.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I just called at the gf's with a pizza to share and I could not get
parked ouside her house so I parked outside someone elses house. They
came round and knocked on the door and said "Can you move your van, I
want to park my car outside my house?"

I just went ballastic. "Well if I move the van you wouldn't be ****ing
wanting would you? So I am doing you a ****ing favour by parking the
****ing van there. Now **** off off before I kick you up and down the
****ing garden". I then did a bit of swearing and threatening behavior
before he left.

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

Well, quite - it's all a bit give and take in crowded streets and
eventually you get 'your' parking space back. No biggie, who really
cares.

Yup, happens here all the time. People park outside every morning because
they're too tight to use the station car park. This morning, someone was
waiting, parked across a driveway up the road, for me to pull out of my
space.

But I do draw the line at getting complaints (when parked outside my
house), from commuters who say I'm parked in 'their' space!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
But I do draw the line at getting complaints (when parked outside
my house), from commuters who say I'm parked in 'their' space!

Ask to see the deeds to "their" piece of road.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
jgharston writes
Bob Eager wrote:
But I do draw the line at getting complaints (when parked outside
my house), from commuters who say I'm parked in 'their' space!

Ask to see the deeds to "their" piece of road.

Might be a bad idea, in t'olden days, deeds were drawn up showing
ownership of the whole plot out to the middle of the road. Yes the road
will have been adopted (so anyone with a tax disc can use it) but the
registry entry may still show the full outline.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:40:52 +0000, fred wrote:

Ask to see the deeds to "their" piece of road.

Might be a bad idea, in t'olden days, deeds were drawn up showing
ownership of the whole plot out to the middle of the road. Yes the road
will have been adopted (so anyone with a tax disc can use it) but the
registry entry may still show the full outline.

My deeds inform me of my ownership of half the road. Tf I don't have
to repair it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jgharston writes:
Bob Eager wrote:
But I do draw the line at getting complaints (when parked outside
my house), from commuters who say I'm parked in 'their' space!

Ask to see the deeds to "their" piece of road.

I was looking at the deeds for someone else's house.
It said they owned up to the centre line of the road,
but they have to let everyone else use that land.
Effectively, they have less rights to park outside
their house than anyone else does. Apparently, this
is very common.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
And when the police arrive or your girlfriend gets a visit after you
have gone and he gets abusive, what then.
Brian

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:35:58 AM UTC, wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

mime that again ?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2012 05:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
And when the police arrive or your girlfriend gets a visit after you have
gone and he gets abusive, what then.

She pulls his arms and legs off and throws him in the skip.

DerekG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:24:14 +0000, Derek Geldard
wrote:

On 15/03/2012 05:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
And when the police arrive or your girlfriend gets a visit after you have
gone and he gets abusive, what then.

She pulls his arms and legs off and throws him in the skip.

....the skip being positioned outside the neighbours house, in their
'parking place'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
After a hard weeks work (I worked all weekend) I would like to thank the
girlfriends neighbour for giving me the opportunity to get rid of my
anger.

I just called at the gf's with a pizza to share and I could not get parked
ouside her house so I parked outside someone elses house. They came round
and knocked on the door and said "Can you move your van, I want to park my
car outside my house?"

I just went ballastic. "Well if I move the van you wouldn't be ****ing
wanting would you? So I am doing you a ****ing favour by parking the
****ing van there. Now **** off off before I kick you up and down the
****ing garden". I then did a bit of swearing and threatening behavior
before he left.

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

Its when I here stories like this that I start counting how many cars we
have had parked in our yard, I'm up to 18.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:38:28 -0000, "MuddyMike"
wrote:

Its when I here stories like this that I start counting how many cars we
have had parked in our yard, I'm up to 18.

I consider myself thoroughly out-pikeyed. Do you have any dags?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:38:28 PM UTC, MuddyMike wrote:
[...]

yebbut how many had valid tax discs on? ;)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

Oh yeah. Neighbours had a party last week - no problem - except their
lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, ****witted guests parked two or three cars
deep outside their house despite there being loads of free parking
spaces a couple of minutes walk away.

Not a problem if all the cars belonged to party guests, but on three
occasions I had to go out and remonstrate with ****wits blocking MY car
in. By the third one I was getting rather sweary too. These were all
middle aged-to-elderly people who one would have thought would know
better.

Neighbour had the decency to come round and apologise, but I told him he
needn't be apologising for the thoughtlessness and selfishness of his
guests - if anyone was going to be apologising, it should be them.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

So so relaxing. I feel much better.

Oh yeah. Neighbours had a party last week - no problem - except their
lazy, selfish, inconsiderate, ****witted guests parked two or three cars
deep outside their house despite there being loads of free parking
spaces a couple of minutes walk away.

Not a problem if all the cars belonged to party guests, but on three
occasions I had to go out and remonstrate with ****wits blocking MY car
in. By the third one I was getting rather sweary too. These were all
middle aged-to-elderly people who one would have thought would know
better.

Neighbour had the decency to come round and apologise, but I told him he
needn't be apologising for the thoughtlessness and selfishness of his
guests - if anyone was going to be apologising, it should be them.

He could spotted the problem and asked them to clear the double parking
without having to be asked. That's what I would have done but wouldn't
have needed to as my friends a) wouldn't have been so inconsiderate and
b) like a good bucket so wouldn't have been driving.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .