Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Anyone ever been paintballing?

Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not my fault
(IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not my fault
(IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

Did softball once - with SWMBO's work colleagues. Quite a laugh.
Disappointed with the grenades through.

Which rule did you break?
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:18:02 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:

Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not my fault
(IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

Did softball once - with SWMBO's work colleagues. Quite a laugh.
Disappointed with the grenades through.

Which rule did you break?

The one about not bringing your own bayonet?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not
my fault (IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

Did softball once - with SWMBO's work colleagues. Quite a laugh.
Disappointed with the grenades through.

Which rule did you break?

The one about not hitting someone with the paint gun and him needing to go
to hospital for stitches.

The rules are simple. If you are shot you remove your colours and walk back
to base with one arm in the air. I shot someone wearing their colours and
both hands on his gun. He took offence as he had already been shot (but not
followed the rules) and he tried to punch me.

I suspect that the paint bullet right in middle of his forehead annoyed him
and that is why he attacked me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not
my fault (IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

Did softball once - with SWMBO's work colleagues. Quite a laugh.
Disappointed with the grenades through.

Which rule did you break?

The one about not hitting someone with the paint gun and him needing to go
to hospital for stitches.

The rules are simple. If you are shot you remove your colours and walk
back to base with one arm in the air. I shot someone wearing their colours
and both hands on his gun. He took offence as he had already been shot
(but not followed the rules) and he tried to punch me.

I suspect that the paint bullet right in middle of his forehead annoyed
him and that is why he attacked me.

You can cheat like buggery at softball - but I do not know why anyone would
try to cheat at paintball - the evidence being so obvious. And, unlike
softball, it's fairly hard not to "notice" a paintball strike unless it
happened to hit something hard like your ammo pouch or whatever.
--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 19, 4:43 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

[...]

if anyone's looking/caring yes ;)

IMLE (stag do's) after "round 1" nobody can say in which round another
person got shot - unless different colour paintballs are used?
TBH I don;t really think anyone was that bothered as long as the groom
was suitably painted....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/12 14:07, ARWadsworth wrote:
Why do the guns not have bayonets?

And why does almost everything I do end in violence when it's not my fault
(IMHO)?

I followed the rules (apart from one) and I was thrown off the site.

The thing to check is, if there is any common denominator to the
problems you seem experience from time to time ?

Andy C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2012 14:07, ARWadsworth wrote:
Why do the guns not have bayonets?

If you are playing someone who is any good, you wouldn't get close
enough to use it without ending up looking like a bit of modern art.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:26:12 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 19/02/2012 14:07, ARWadsworth wrote:
Why do the guns not have bayonets?

If you are playing someone who is any good, you wouldn't get close
enough to use it without ending up looking like a bit of modern art.

You're supposed to first dig a pit and cover it with branches and leaves
for them to fall into.